Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hear Dana spicer has u joints that are HD. I can find non greasable ones on amazon but i can't seem to find for the life of me greasable ones that are considered HD. Im not trying to start a battle over what is better greasable or non just trying to see if anything can shed some light on where to find greasable HD front axle u joints.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The spicer (dana) life series is the non-greasable joint, which is the best you can get. The crosses are cold forged, much stronger than the greasable joint. Source: I work in a test lab that test these products.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey guys I hear Dana spicer has u joints that are HD. I can find non greasable ones on amazon but i can't seem to find for the life of me greasable ones that are considered HD. Im not trying to start a battle over what is better greasable or non just trying to see if anything can shed some light on where to find greasable HD front axle u joints.
Despite my preference for greasable ujoints, after reading and listening, I chose to run the Spicer Lifetime ujoints which are not greasbale, but have an excellent and well deserved reputation.

I got mine form George at 8Lug Truck. His prices were fair, shipping quick and well boxed, and he was entirely patient in answering my many questions regarding ujoints and balljoints. Can't ask for more then that in this day and age.

·
Registered
91 Posts
NICE?PLEASE leak some test data?lol.
Haha, not worth losing my job over. But what are you wanting to know?

I am going to tear down and grade my current spicer life series 1410's on my truck soon, I have just over 40k miles on them and two winter seasons. I'm curious to see how much the grease broke down, I'll post pictures of the trunnions if there is any spalling or galling.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Haha, not worth losing my job over. But what are you wanting to know?

I am going to tear down and grade my current spicer life series 1410's on my truck soon, I have just over 40k miles on them and two winter seasons. I'm curious to see how much the grease broke down, I'll post pictures of the trunnions if there is any spalling or galling.
Of course I was just kidding about leaing the data.\
That being said, how about generalized comparative percentages of "better performance" in terms of
1) grease seals effectivnenss
2) overall strength before breaking
3) longevity if available

Soemthing like--

This unnamed, triple sealed, non greasable unjoint took 15% more force to break then this unnamedgreasbale joint….or something like that??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anyone have part numbers and resources for ordering? I live in VA and looking for both rear u joints and both (er, three?) front u joints?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.