Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the forum, just purchased a 6.7 2500 Larime Auto and would like to fit a set of free wheeling hubs to the front any comments on the following brands please and any milage gains from users.

Dynatrac, with Warn Hubs

Dynatrac, with Dynatec Hubs

Or a set of Spyn-tec hubs complete.

Look forward to any advice you guys can give me

Thanks

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum, just purchased a 6.7 2500 Larime Auto and would like to fit a set of free wheeling hubs to the front any comments on the following brands please and any milage gains from users.

Dynatrac, with Warn Hubs

Dynatrac, with Dynatec Hubs

Or a set of Spyn-tec hubs complete.

Look forward to any advice you guys can give me

Thanks
I have had 2 dyntrac kits with warn hubs on two different dodge trucks. There are allot of benefits to the kit, the draw back is the huge cost, you might see a 1 mpg gain, but your truck will steer easier, have allot heavier duty parts, has a serviceable front end and if you loose a bearing, which you won't, attest your wheel won't fall off. This winter I plan on installing them on my 12. I recommend the dyntrac kit, the last kit I got I was almost through the install and one of the warn hubs was missing a spring... I called dyntrac, they said they would take care of it, within a hour a local dealer that sold warn hubs called me and brought me the missing part at dyntracs cost. I was suppressed at the high level of customer service that is not often seen anymore, I can't say enough good things about dyntrac.

Reactions: gerrypenney1

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the SpynTech on and love how easy it is to turn. Install was pretty straight forward, there is a thread on here somewhere that has color pics of their install and it helps with the correct way you install the dust boots

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Spyntecs coming soon. $1550.
My friend's had the Dynatrac Dynaloc hubs for yrs with no issues. He's pounded them to death in Baja with a 10,700# wet truck w/aluminum flatbed mounted popup camper.
I just couldn't justify the price difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys every one, and Tummat did you gain in the fuel reduction area and how did the steering change.

i feel i will go with the spyntech units i just needed to here someone say they were happy with them, as i am in Australia i dont have any one else to ask about mods.

Nerriga16

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the replys every one, and Tummat did you gain in the fuel reduction area and how did the steering change.

i feel i will go with the spyntech units i just needed to here someone say they were happy with them, as i am in Australia i dont have any one else to ask about mods.

Nerriga16
It turns from lock to lock sitting still pretty easy now even with the BFG on it(see my sig). As for MPG I couldn’t say, I drive it like I stole it.
A friend and I did the install in one evening. Oh I would recommend getting a ½” drive front wheel bearing locknut socket 76mm X 80mm, it will make the install much easier.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the spyntech very happy with them. on a trip pulling a very heavy load up a long steep grade the trans started heating up and there wasn't any where to pull over I put it in low rang and it worked out good. you will need a 1 ton spindel nut socket like the ones used on dana 60's

·
Registered
54 Posts
Still happy with mine, 11k miles now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had Dynatrac, with Dynatec Hubs and hated those POSs
I hardly ever had 4 wheel drive again. It only takes one to be miss a lined and they will NEVER lock... I will never have that crap again.. I turned my 4x4 into a two wheel drive.

I got better fuel mileage results from a electric fan (shouldnt tow over 10k because they wont cool enough) and a aluminum drive shaft. I did these two at the same time and noticed a much easier accelerating trunk and nearly 2 miles per gallon.

Do other things and keep your 4 wheel drive!

·
1791 Conservative
2,375 Posts
I just worked with 8 Lug Truck Gear and have the Dynatrac kit coming to my house as well as their ball joints since I will have all the stuff out and I am already at 19,000 miles, soon to increase by 6,000 in under a month. I will report back how the install goes and my thoughts.

·
1791 Conservative
2,375 Posts
I hate dealership parts departments. I know it is where they make their money, but they rape us. They do not stock universal joints for the 2012 trucks. Special order only. For the front two, to replace while I have everything else apart, cost me $274 bucks with tax and shipping....TO THE DEALER! I pick them up on Tuesday. They were $117 each or something like that. I was going to ask the price of the OEM ball joints, just for the heck of it, but decided not to in fear of crying. Glad I am putting aftermarket in there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You mite not want to read this you will cry but for both of the same parts minus the mopar box I paid $112 next time go to six states they got the right ujoints for me.

part # are

in front axle AAM brand 68004853AB 1555 u joint kit (make sure they were shipped with the inside clips) what I paid $56

rear drive line AAM brand 05127822AB 1485 u joint kit (they ship with both inside and out side clips) what I paid $56

front drive line are common 1350 spicer u what I paid $18

33000 miles on mine and had one front axle u joint and one rear drive line u joint fail

and so you know I was told that spicer dose not make u joints for some of the newer AAM stuff yet

Reactions: Mudman1

·
1791 Conservative
2,375 Posts
Damn. Well, I like getting screwed over anyway! I will bookmark their Site and use them next time. I am doing the install on Wed morning (before it gets too hot) so I will just use the stealership's stuff this time. Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was told spicer does not have u joints for the 2011+ front axle, but that could have changed by now

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,349 Posts
OK, been heavily studying doing just thins and I have decided to go with the Spyn Tech. I look at Dynatrac, Yukon, Ram Man and IMHO, Spyn Tech is the best, all replacement parts are over the counter std stuff. The RAM Man is a simple easy kit, no axle work, but you have the same narrow bearing set up as you did originally. I like the idea of having 2 tapered serviceable roller bearings with spacing between them for more support, especially with the heavy front axle, that engine is heavy. I will do this in August, after all my truck trip plans are done.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I installed the Spyntec on my 2011 this past February, replaced the u-joints at the same time. As said, steering is way easier and there might be a bit better mpg’s, although haven’t noticed it. The Mike Marker hubs that are standard are stainless and work just fine. I do like that I can service my front wheel bearings, so that’s why I did it. Cost was high, but I have a stronger front end than factory.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
OK, been heavily studying doing just thins and I have decided to go with the Spyn Tech. I look at Dynatrac, Yukon, Ram Man and IMHO, Spyn Tech is the best, all replacement parts are over the counter std stuff. The RAM Man is a simple easy kit, no axle work, but you have the same narrow bearing set up as you did originally. I like the idea of having 2 tapered serviceable roller bearings with spacing between them for more support, especially with the heavy front axle, that engine is heavy. I will do this in August, after all my truck trip plans are done.
I got in on a group buy along with Dynatrac rebates that yielded a price quite a bit lower than spyntec's. Sometimes we're able to buy USA sourced products. I really can't feel lighter steering and defying the laws of physics haven't seen a increase in mpg.

·
Registered
48 Posts
installed Yukon over a year ago on my 012 ,,, only used the 4 wheel function a few times but each time the locks rotated easily ,,,just checked everything today and all is well.. I ordered some seals and the customer service was great ...
Easy install

1 - 20 of 22 Posts