Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Factory manual for a 98, including the service manual, service manual supplement BR/BE, service manual supplement Ram Truck 1500-3500 Joints and Seams, Technical Manual Revisions, Body Diagnostic Procedures, and the Kelsey Hayes EBC 325 Kelsey Hayes RWAL II Antilock Brake Systems for Dodge Ram, Dakota and Durango Chassis Diagnostic Procedures.

If someone smarter than me can get these on line, let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post. Its a start for manuals I need to work on my 1996 Carpenter Crown bus which has the cummins 5.9L engine. Now I just need to figure out how come my Pedal only lets me get 2100 rpm instead of the 2800 everyone else gets. Its probably good for fuel mileage going 55-57 mph max but most people do not enjoy being behind us not being able to pass when the normal speed limit here in Texas is 70-75.

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Thanks for the post. Its a start for manuals I need to work on my 1996 Carpenter Crown bus which has the cummins 5.9L engine. Now I just need to figure out how come my Pedal only lets me get 2100 rpm instead of the 2800 everyone else gets. Its probably good for fuel mileage going 55-57 mph max but most people do not enjoy being behind us not being able to pass when the normal speed limit here in Texas is 70-75.
There are only about a thousand threads about P7100 gov springs. I regularly tow at 57-60 mph. I'm not stopping anyone from passing me. I sure as heck wouldn't tow at 70. Mileage would halve.

Reactions: tophawk69

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wasn't sure if the P7100 governor spring is the only controlling factor on rpm. I have a used school bus ( Carpenter Crown, 33 passenger) and thought maybe the mechanics did something to the cabling or pedal to stop it from going faster. Thanks for the info.

·
The Uppity 12v Admin
8,274 Posts
Added 1998 manual to original post.

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Will the 96 or 98 manual work for my 97?:confused013:
Mostly the '96. Brakes - '98. Lots of crossover in '97, the price you pay for not paying the price of a '97 specific manual.

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Reactions: fireman12kmg365

·
Registered
91 Posts
Reactions: RamTruck

·
Registered
17,321 Posts

·