Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so on my other thread talked about install of the gauge, try to post some pics and materials. Okay if this works the first pic is of the taped banjo bolt below the vp44 with 90deg 1/8npt barbed fitting. The second picture is of the gauge isolator, you can see the 1/8 fuel line coming to the bottom of the isolator to 1/8 barbed 90 degree npt fitting like the first one then a bushing 1/8-1/4 npt. On the top side is the air line to the gauge to the supplied brass fitting that comes with the gauge, to again a 90 degree elbow but 1/8 female to 1/8 male npt, then a 1/8-1/4 npt bushing again. I installed the isolator in the driver side corner near the firewall. With the 90 degree elbow gives enough clearance with hood closed. The third pic self explanatory, 0-35 psi boost gauge using a fp gauge with autometer steering pod. I tip for the pod is that is just slips over your stock steering column cover and you can used double side tape or velcro like I did and use that to hold it in place. When installing the isolator use the eraser end of a pencil and push the gauge side of the diaphragm down, then fill with 50/50 water antifreeze. You do not need to put antifreeze mixture in the tubing, the diaphragm moves the air in the tubing and gives your reading, also the air in the tubing acts like a buffer so that when you turn your truck off the gauge always goes back to zero. Hope this can help somebody, once you have all the parts it took a couple of hours, I had to tie into the dimmer wiring etc.:thumbsup

1 - 1 of 1 Posts