Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally installed my fp and rp unit for my quad gauge unit. Theis are the readings I got.
6-7 psi fuel, 4600 rail @ idle
8 psi fuel, 5500 rail @ 1200rpm cruising
1 psi fuel, 24-25000 [email protected] WOT
So from what I have read the lift pump is on its last legs and I should find some time to take the FASS out of the garage and put her in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya the TST is in and was on 7x3 but when I saw the fuel psi at 1 I thought I should try droping it down a little, so 3x3 and it seamed to pull better.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
BTW, yes your LP is on it's way out! Idling you should see 10psi and even with Smarty on 9, the lowest I've ever seen is 5 (wot)...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
So I finally installed my fp and rp unit for my quad gauge unit. Theis are the readings I got.
6-7 psi fuel, 4600 rail @ idle
8 psi fuel, 5500 rail @ 1200rpm cruising
1 psi fuel, 24-25000 [email protected] WOT
So from what I have read the lift pump is on its last legs and I should find some time to take the FASS out of the garage and put her in.
yes get that fass on there.you WILL see a night and day difference!!!:thumbsup:hyper::peelout

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes get that fass on there.you WILL see a night and day difference!!!:thumbsup:hyper::peelout
Could this make me a little more impressed with the tst?
Also the truck has just over 54000 miles on it now an d the tst has been on since 50000.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Could this make me a little more impressed with the tst?
Also the truck has just over 54000 miles on it now an d the tst has been on since 50000.
man.....i put my fass on first before any of the other mods!WOW!! put it on and you'll say what was i thinkn' not putting this pump on sooner. yes.. that'll help everything out dude!! remember what your gauges look like with stock pump, write 'em down if you want..then get the fass on..you'll be shocked!
:thumbsup:hyper::hyper::hyper:

·
Registered
351 Posts
If there is air in the line to the gauge you will get a miss reading also. When i first put mine it thats the readings i had but i unhooked them and added fluid and it went up to normal

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If there is air in the line to the gauge you will get a miss reading also. When i first put mine it thats the readings i had but i unhooked them and added fluid and it went up to normal
Where did you add fluid? When I took out the banjo their was fuel in the hole of the cp3. The air in the line was gone when I started it because it chuged for a split second. Should I run the motor and crack the sending unit on top loose to try and bleed out any air there or will it get it by it self? Regaurdless the FASS needs to go on I think.:thumbsup

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
A good lift pump really wakes up fueling mods. I was very impressed with what it did with the higher levels of my juice...now my stock 48re was not a huge fan but...that is another story:w:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts