Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an 07 3500 with 3” Thuren coils and track bar, and Thuren shackles in the rear with overland shocks all around, otherwise it’s all stock. A guy local to me is selling a set of Thuren/fox 2.0 Resi shocks front and rear. I’m wondering if spending the money is worth it considering I’m on stock leafs and control arms. I’d love a smoother street ride but I want a considerable difference if I’m spending the dough, or am I better off doing something else prior to a shock change? Thanks for any info

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,384 Posts
I’ve got an 07 3500 with 3” Thuren coils and track bar, and Thuren shackles in the rear with overland shocks all around, otherwise it’s all stock. A guy local to me is selling a set of Thuren/fox 2.0 Resi shocks front and rear. I’m wondering if spending the money is worth it considering I’m on stock leafs and control arms. I’d love a smoother street ride but I want a considerable difference if I’m spending the dough, or am I better off doing something else prior to a shock change? Thanks for any info
The overland shocks were made in order to help someone get into his kit quickly on a budget. They are a little better then stock shocks. When you upgrade to the fox shocks you will notice a better difference for sure. The resi's are not necessary unless you drive the truck down some washboard roads alot of the times to utilize the extra cooling power of the resi's. If you want to make a huge difference the sway bar will make a nice change in ride quality.

Ill shoot you a message to discuss some options for your set up.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yes, the Fox 2.0s will be way better and noticeable. With the money saved on used Fox’s get Thuren’s sway bar, like stated, to make the ride even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
For some reason you decide not to buy them, please let me know. I need shocks for my lift.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts