Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a kore lift on my truck with fox racing shocks... i believe they are the 3.0 7/8 resevior shocks. i was detailing my truck today and discovered that there is a spot on the shocks where you can air them up. i was wondering if anyone had i guide for the psi i should be airing them up to, or if anyone had any personal opinions about them. any help would be great! thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idk but i think its to fill them with air...i will take some pics and then post them in a couple minutes

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was wondering if i could fill the litttle tabs on the end with air?

·
Registered
495 Posts
i don't think those are air shocks. i agree with jfranklin that those are most likely nitrogen shocks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well at least now i know lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Do not put air in them. They are nitrogen fill only. The pressure should be 200 psi on all four corners and the front S/S you can play w/ the pressure. The more the better, but sometimes the truck will pull left w/ higher pressures. Just let a little nitrogen out until it tracks straight, but still feel the S/S work.

Are you sure those are 3.0 shocks? Did you get the truck used since you said "I believe they are 3.0 shocks"? They look like 2.5" shocks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i got the truck, the lift was on, but with stock wheels and tires!?!?!? maybe the previous owner took them off but i dont know. thanks for all the info. but where would i find a place to fill 'em up with nitrogen?

·
Registered
513 Posts
The schraeder valve is to charge the shock with nitrogen. I'd fill with 150 psi minimum but you can go much higher than that. I think we put 250 psi in my Kings last time around, and I know people who run 300+ in their shocks.

Have them filled at a motorcycle shop or even a welding supply.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks if i fill them up to a higher psi will it lift the truck more or just make the suspension more tight than loose and same with lowering psi

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Shocks don't give the height. The coils and rear leafs give you the height. I know the Fox Shocks by KORE recommend 200 psi. My Carli Suspension w/ the KING's are 150 psi.

Shocks give the dampening/compression and up travel of the truck ride (in a nutshell). It's good to check the nitrogen once a year. You still can loose psi over time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats what i needed to know good sir. maybe i will get some leaf springs for the front... do you know of any brands that make front leafs for 06 3500 dodge?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The front has coils and the rear has leafs. If your going to go w/ bigger coils up front for more height. Your shocks will get too short for up travel and ruin the front shocks.

Unless your not happy w/ your suspension. I would not change it. The KORE suspension will ride better than any lift kit out there on and off road. Especially w/ those 2.5" shocks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i hear that. what about jus putting airbags in the back cause i really dont like how it sags when im towin 15 yards of gravel of quads or the boat or anything. i would like the nice stance when towing but would it screw up the suspension when im not

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yep, air bags are good if towing/hauling a heavy load. Any air bag brand will work, but if you off road a lot. I would advise the Carli Long Travel Air Bags. The others you will lose wheel travel. Carli bags you don't lose most of your travel in the rear. They are more $$$ than the others, but worth it if you off road more than washboard roads.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much money are we estimating

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Here is what the long travel Carli air bag set up looks like

They work great on or off road unlike the std firestone type.

Bob

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't really know exact numbers. Firestone & Pac Brake are anywhere from $250 to $$$. Depends if you want a on board air compressor and switch in the cab.

The Carli Long Travel Bags are roughly $750.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my dad had air bags on his old 12v and he had a psi gauge for each and then a switch to cut the compressor off... do you think that would be a good idea and i already have a compressor from the pac-brake

1 - 20 of 31 Posts