Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upon removing the turbo from my 94 12 valve i found that the first stage intercooler pipe had oil residue in it and the groove in the boot between the outlet and the pipe had oil sitting in it.

(i had originally removed the turbo just to permanently block the waste gate (due to only bein able to build 12 pounds of boost at WOT uphill) so any advice in this area would be awesome! what is the best way to permanently fix it closed? thanks!)

is it time for a rebuild? the turbo spins great and is tight with no end play or side to side. what yall think?

should i overhaul the entire turbo?

thanks fellas in advance! ima beat this sucker one day! lol

· Premium Member
630 Posts
New seals and bushings and you should be good to go. If you do the rebuild check the through shaft for grooves.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Premium Member
8,065 Posts
you should be able to drill/tap a hole in the back cover directly over the center of the puck and use a bolt to hold it shut tight. Ricers do that all the time.

· Premium Member
12,495 Posts
any ideas on how to block off my wastegate?
The wastegate has a strong spring that keeps it closed.
All you have to do to keep it closed is pull the small hose off the wastegate actuator and stuff a 1/4" bolt in the hose end.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wastegate has a strong spring that keeps it closed.
All you have to do to keep it closed is pull the small hose off the wastegate actuator and stuff a 1/4" bolt in the hose end.
ok! thanks!

ima be ima be puttin this hawg back together tomorrow and see what happens.

what kinda boost numbers should i look for with my wastegate blocked closed? if yall remember i was only able to reach 12 or so pounds before and was really just tryin to eliminate the wastegate as a problem and hoping to pick up some power at the same time.

after the test drive tomorrow ima be doin some tuning on my AFC.

was thinkin bout takin my plate out and grinding it to a #100 as i saw in one of the tech articles on this sight.

question: should i do the AFC foot modification along with grinding the plate?

im waitin on my 3GSK to get here as well so that addition will be forth coming. i went with the 3k just cus im not looking to rev my truck to the roof i just want a lil more drivability and pullin power when i have a load on.

will i have EGT issues with this setup?

2004 crew cab f350
94 12 valve
ford intercooler
wastegate blocked shut
#100 plate
3 inch straight exhaust
3k gsk

trans:
3 clutch billet TC
external cooler
deep sump pan
compushift trans controller

· Premium Member
8,065 Posts

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.