Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my local cummins heaven of wrecked trucks..lol..and I found a silverline 4" T304 stainless steel exhaust system for $100 with not a mark on it. I'm gonna make a straight pipe out of it for my truck. But the only delemma is that it is for a regular cab 8ft bed truck, and my truck is a 4 door 8 ft bed truck. What do I have to do to make it fit my truck? I was thinking of getting two 36" muffler eliminator pipes...is that what you guys would do?

· Registered
100 Posts
most metal supply places should be able to get you a section of 304 SS. just measure how much you need have them cut it for you, and weld it in or take it to a muffler shop. Sounds like a good deal, enjoy.

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Take it to your local exhaust shop, have 'em chop it with a torch and weld in an extra piece of four inch to extend the exhaust to fit your truck.

· Not enough $$$
312 Posts
I was looking at my local cummins heaven of wrecked trucks..lol..and I found a silverline 4" T304 stainless steel exhaust system for $100 with not a mark on it. I'm gonna make a straight pipe out of it for my truck. But the only delemma is that it is for a regular cab 8ft bed truck, and my truck is a 4 door 8 ft bed truck. What do I have to do to make it fit my truck? I was thinking of getting two 36" muffler eliminator pipes...is that what you guys would do?
Prob won't work... I will give you your money back..lol But really muffler shop should be able to hook you up.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put it on tonight....

I just put it on tonight, and it's basically just the down pipe and a 2ft piece of pipe after that, I put the tail pipe on and it looks like I need a 5ft section of T304 SS 4" pipe to finish her up, as a straight pipe. I fired her up, just to see what it sounds like even though it is short, and it sounded AWESOME, that turbo howls like a MF'er, just outright awesome....lol The hardest part of getting it on was getting the old exhaust off and the new down pipe on, other than that it was all pretty easy.

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no pics yet

SWEEEET:headbang:

any pics dude?:D
No pics yet..i'll get some after this MF'en rain quits...and I get the exhaust hooked up the rest of the way. This exhaust is gonna be duals as soon as I can find a drivers side stainless 4" pipe for it. I'll get the dual muffler eliminator pipe and split it off that way.:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
No pics yet..i'll get some after this MF'en rain quits...and I get the exhaust hooked up the rest of the way. This exhaust is gonna be duals as soon as I can find a drivers side stainless 4" pipe for it. I'll get the dual muffler eliminator pipe and split it off that way.:thumbsup:
sounds like a goood plan dude:party018:

· Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
my truck...

Here is a photo of my truck before I put the exhaust on it....I took this the other day, it's a crappy cell phone pic but it gets the job done I guess...lol She won't look or run like this for long. I have major plans for this truck. I'm putting 33" mickeythompson baja mtz's on micketthompson beadlock aluminum rims. maybe lift her about 3". And as far as performance I want a SPS66 turbo or twins and my goal is to hit 500hp and 1,000ft lbs of torque. That's just the basic's of it too...lol :thumbsup::lol4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.