Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read today that ford and international are parting away and fords plan is to no build its own diesel engine according to them it will be a 6.7 L V8 with 400 hp and 750ft:shock: torque its its true it will be an impressive engine :S::S::S:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they build it right it will be fun to see what the aftermarket can do with it.
:agree2: chevy is said to build and even more impressive dmax i forget the name of it but i think its cranking 500 hp and 750 ft torque not sure though

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I agree, if it's anything like the diesels ford used to build it should be a good one...I think there calling it the scorpion 6.7L aren't they

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
If they build it right it will be fun to see what the aftermarket can do with it.
I've heard a rumor that Spartan Diesel already has one to abuse the hell out of to see what it will take...After playing with some 6.4L's that are running the Spatan programming I would be very interested to see what they will turn out like...I am also keeping me fingers crossed that the release something for the 6.7L cummins, it will be something very Impressive is all I will say

·
Registered
336 Posts
im by no means a ford fan but i cant wait:headbang:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, if it's anything like the diesels ford used to build it should be a good one...I think there calling it the scorpion 6.7L aren't they
thats the one scorpion :headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Not that it matters much to us but it will be interesting to see how they approach the tight emissions requirements and still make more power; it will also be interesting to see how Dodge / Cummins up the power on the 6.7 in response.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Not that it matters much to us but it will be interesting to see how they approach the tight emissions requirements and still make more power; it will also be interesting to see how Dodge / Cummins up the power on the 6.7 in response.
:agree2: For sure, will have to watch and see what everyone else does to keep up in the HP race, will be interested to see what they will run for dpf's etc as the 6.4L exhaust system is really very simple compared to the dodge

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agree2: For sure, will have to watch and see what everyone else does to keep up in the HP race, will be interested to see what they will run for dpf's etc as the 6.4L exhaust system is really very simple compared to the dodge
ATS diesel is making a high flow 5" dfp system maybe that can be it :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well my truck is totally stock and it has plenty of power for hauling my 5th wheel. When you up the HP the mileage goes down and right now I would vote for mileage. I believe that Dodge has already said that the 2010 model will stay the same as it has now.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well my truck is totally stock and it has plenty of power for hauling my 5th wheel. When you up the HP the mileage goes down and right now I would vote for mileage. I believe that Dodge has already said that the 2010 model will stay the same as it has now.
There are plenty of modifications that can help both.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For some guys and gals here horsepower is the # priority

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ford never built there own engines! It has always been an International engine in the pick ups since 1983.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For some guys and gals here horsepower is the # priority
Your right I forgot which site I was posting on I guess. I'm pretty much a stock guy and have never understood the need for the extra horsepower and torch.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ford never built there own engines! It has always been an International engine in the pick ups since 1983.
Ford and international are splitting buddy that means the powerstroke is dead now its the scorpion that ford will build

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
Scorpion as of now is just an internal name. It may very
well be called a Powerstroke when it comes out...

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
in yur face to all those guys that said i was full of $hit when i said that fords taking over the 6.7 cummins,,and putting it in there trucks,,oh well this will give us more ideas cause fords tranny blows us away,,so maybe there 68 will be better and we can copy?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
in yur face to all those guys that said i was full of $hit when i said that fords taking over the 6.7 cummins,,and putting it in there trucks,,oh well this will give us more ideas cause fords tranny blows us away,,so maybe there 68 will be better and we can copy?
ford is not putting the ctd 6.7 on their truck its a 6.7 v8 built by ford nothing to do with cummins

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
:popcorn: interesting...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts