Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo im gona start puting my 12valve in my 88 ford f350 and i dont know wher to buy my stuff from shuld i call fordcummins or destroked i have herd bad things and good things from pepole about fordcummins and i dont even know if destroked will have what i need for that old of a truck if eny one can point me down the right path it whould help me out a lot thanks

Reactions: Hogfire

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
the guys I know that have converted run destroked, and seem pleased with their services/ product.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have herd nothing but good stuff from destroked and i have herd some bad from fordcummins i just dident know what every buddy els thot

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
I know a friend of mine had some alighment issues with the adaptor plate form Fordcummins, put in a Destoked plate and hasnt had any problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have two plates from fordcummins they worked great for me zf6 and a zf5 and they always helped me with any problems a ran into.when i started my second build just to see what destroked was all about i called them three times and left messages and never got a return call.called fordcummins back and got everything i needed right away they always answer

·
Registered
329 Posts
I really like Destroked parts. Very high quality and the fit is spot on. Only real issue I have had is getting someone to answer the phone. If you're persistant, you can usually get thru though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If i did another conversion i would go with Destroked.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had destroked build my 06 ford, they do great work, not to mention they are the pioneers of cummins conversions. Scott is super busy and is really the only one who can answer questions. Ford cummins guys were also very helpful and always answer the phone, I just figure that destroked has been doing the conversions longer and make qulaity everything.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm very happy with my Destroked adapter plate. Yes, Scott is a busy guy but he is knowledgeable and worth the wait. If i built another truck i would use Destroked.

·
Registered
352 Posts
for adapter plates destroked is much better. if you are installing a cummins in front of a zf 5 speed you don't have to grind the heck out of your starter area of your tranny with the destroked adapter. the fordcummins you do and by doing that can weaken and also destroy the core value of the tranny. the fordcummins adapter plate uses the dodge starter meanwhile the destroked adapter plate uses a 6.0 power stroke starter and it fits right in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys helps alot!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went through Auto World in Montana. They seem to be partnered with Destroked and have the same pricing. All the parts fit the first time and they haveexcellent customer service too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used Fordcummins, Destoked was hard to get in touch with. I didn't have any issues with their products.. Always helpful and Answered any time I needed them. Also responded to e-mails within minutes in most cases...

One other thing about them.. I never paid expedited shipping but every time I called them and ordered something thet shipped it that day and it was at my house within 2 days max! most of the time it was next day..

In my opinion Customer service is Key.. If you have any questions will Destroked get back to you the day your trying to figure out the problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went through AutoWorld and they always answered the phone and sent stuff out right away too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I used fordcummins.. no problems, and good communication.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is why Destroked has Dealers, Because he is so busy. Im sure if you call his dealers they will answer the phone and your questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What does the conversion cost...I'm just doing a 12 valve

·
Registered
22 Posts
ford cummins was a 100 bucks cheaper for their adapter for the zf 5 speed and levi at destroked seemed like he didnt have the time of day to talk and didnt seem very outgoing so i bought my stuff through ford cummins no problems i liked destroked tach kit tho but the also couldnt tell me how to wire it and it came with no instructions so ford cummins guys helped me out and i read through some wiring scmatics to find out and i liked ford cummins motor mounts better simple and bullet proof just my 2 c

1 - 20 of 21 Posts