Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sounds like a Johnny Cash vehicle? Well it's a 80 F350 Ford chassis, Cummins 5.9 with 9 speed Roadranger, Gonna have a 96 Dodge cab. Here are the pics so far ( more under NewSmoker's Truck Pics).

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like a Johnny Cash vehicle? Well it's a 80 F350 Ford chassis, Cummins 5.9 with 9 speed Roadranger, Gonna have a 96 Dodge cab. Here are the pics so far.
more pics in members area thingy

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wheres the beer holder(s)?
Ha.... well since I don't have a steering wheel to drive to the beer store yet ....... I figure they can wait a bit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cummins, one piece at a time!

Sweet man, hope everything work out! Keep us posted!

·
Banned
75 Posts
very cool man, cant wait to see more pics later

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
kick ! How do I get that tranny into my truck? Or better yet a 10 speed eaton fuller would be great!

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
It's looking great!

Keep us updated on everything :thumbsup

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kick ! How do I get that tranny into my truck? Or better yet a 10 speed eaton fuller would be great!
The tranny you see here is called the baby roadranger RT6609A. It's the smallest roadranger eaton makes. It weighs 380 lbs. The next up is 580 lbs. and about twice the size ..... wow. It may fit .... but it would be tight.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Subscribes.....

Awesome!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the cab and front cap on, 12 valve runnin, 9 speed grindin. Took er for a test drive down this redneck dirt road just to see if it works. Hey, it WORKS great. Sure seems strange drivin a pickup with all those gears. I wanted to just keep drivin but it ain't legal yet. Now for the cargo bed, 22.5 wheels, paint and .... and ... well you know. I would post some more pics but hey, it looks like a 96 3500 without the cargo bed. I'll post pics when completed in a few months. :cool::beer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts