Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Premium Member
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD SLT
631 Posts
I’ve had success forcing a stationary regen with my EZ lynk, but it was more just out of curiosity what the hell a regen looks like.

Reactions: mattswaggs

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I called Edge again today.
The bottom line is neither the CTS2 nor the CTS3 will do a regen, forced or otherwise on a Cummins 6.7.

So, while post #2 got us all excited and involved, post #2 is wrong regarding Cummins 6.7.
Yeah I figured as much - man we sure are lagging in terms of tuning options on these newer cummins trucks. Everyone was up in arms about the L5P's being locked out - and they seem to have all the toys now.

· Registered
558 Posts
Then why does Edge advertise that it can.
Can you post the advertisement or a link to it? I've looked and cannot find any such ad.

· Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
3,367 Posts
Manual Regeneration
If you vehicle supports Manual Regeneration, there will be a menu option
in the Diagnostics Menu of the device.
NOTE: Certain operating conditions are required for Manual Regen
to operate. There could be, but not limited to; Engine Coolant Temp,
Engine Oil Temp, Vehicle Speed, etc.
1 Open the Diaganos-
tics Menu by swiping
up from the Gauge
Screen and selecting
Diagnostics.
NOTE: The Diagnostic
menu is also available
in the Main Menu.
2 Select Manual Regen.
3 Follow the on-screen
prompts to enable
Manual Regen

· Registered
558 Posts
Manual Regeneration
If you vehicle supports Manual Regeneration, there will be a menu option
in the Diagnostics Menu of the device.
NOTE: Certain operating conditions are required for Manual Regen
to operate. There could be, but not limited to; Engine Coolant Temp,
Engine Oil Temp, Vehicle Speed, etc.
1 Open the Diaganos-
tics Menu by swiping
up from the Gauge
Screen and selecting
Diagnostics.
NOTE: The Diagnostic
menu is also available
in the Main Menu.
2 Select Manual Regen.
3 Follow the on-screen
prompts to enable
Manual Regen
Hmmnn, that's not an advertisement, it's an instruction. And the first line, "If you vehicle supports Manual Regeneration" clearly limits it to certain vehicles.

· Premium Member
3,367 Posts

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I am curious if you have to buy that RAM/Cummins software upgrade they list when you plug your cts3 into the ignition app to get this functionality.

· Premium Member
3,367 Posts
I honestly have no clue. Just posting what I’ve found. On my 11’, the CTS2 will do a mobile regen cause I needed a smog check in Commiefornia and I disconnected the batteries to take out the drivers seat to change the seat cover. It worked to get me all but 2 IM Readiness monitors set and that was good enough.

· Registered
Horns Removed, Still identify as a RAM
11,359 Posts
Yeah I figured as much - man we sure are lagging in terms of tuning options on these newer cummins trucks. Everyone was up in arms about the L5P's being locked out - and they seem to have all the toys now.
Have you seen how much it is to unlock and tune an L5P?

That’s why mine is stock.

· Registered
11,359 Posts
Yup $1500 - still cheaper than paying $2.5K + for a new ECM , and then almost $1k for a tune/service - not even including service or downtime. Now you can unlock an L5P without needing to send in your ECM.
The cheapest I found was $6,500. And I have searched extensively

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

· Registered
11,359 Posts
Can someone else write tunes on there or are you stuck with what’s on there? The only purpose for me to tune would be if I have emissions issues and cannot find replacement parts. But I guess at that point I should just scrap it.

I have no desire to tune my truck it runs too well as is. A year ago when I couldn’t get NOX sensors and wasn’t happy with my truck I wanted tuned.

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Can someone else write tunes on there or are you stuck with what’s on there? The only purpose for me to tune would be if I have emissions issues and cannot find replacement parts. But I guess at that point I should just scrap it.

I have no desire to tune my truck it runs too well as is. A year ago when I couldn’t get NOX sensors and wasn’t happy with my truck I wanted tuned.
I've been emailing tuners for quite a while - and I was told that most of them have a method for doing invehicle unlcoking now for L5P's - and they said the L5P ECM was a ***** to unlock. I was told that our 22+ Cummins ecm's are unlocked - but there have been changes to where calibrations are stored and tables aren't the same with the new update to these PCM's - was told not to worry by 3 vendors now and that is happening - but they are figuring out the new layout FWIW.

· Registered
454 Posts
Looks like the CTS3 mobile regen will work on my year/model. 07.5. Started the process once but shut it down as I did not have a need to drive in heavy traffic this afternoon. Will take if for a spin Saturday morning and see if it starts regenning when it gets up to running temp. Just had to follow some on screen instructions. Could be very useful to me in the mountains when towing heavy. Always goes into regen on a 7% grade or seems that way. Not something you can start while driving, at least that is what if seems. Have to key off and on but the truck engine did not stop. Makes me nervous when towing. Have to watch my DPF percentages.

· Registered
2020 2500 Big Horn Cummins 4x4
25 Posts
Edge has a new tuner that just came out that supports our trucks and can do a manual Regen.. There are 2 options one mobile app and one with the monitor. EZX Module and EZZ Insight CTS3 Kit. It shows that it will do a Manual Regen along with other things like turbo timer, tire size correction etc...
My Main Concern is will products like this void the warranty, ???

Here the features it says it can do in full.

Features:
  • 5 Power Levels Adjustable on-the-fly through steering wheel controls
  • Engine High Idle adjustable through steering wheel controls when in Park
  • User adjustable throttle booster settings in each power level via app (Economy, Drive, Sport, Performance, Extreme)
  • Tire Size Speedo Calibration via App (Up to 40" Tire Size)
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors Enable/Disable, Warning On/Off, and Pressure Threshold adjust via app
  • Gear Ratio Calibration via App
  • Engine Coolant Protection Enable/Disable via app (Module adds no power until 120-degree ECT, backs down power at 240-degrees ECT)
  • Button Recall Enable/Disable via app - Remembers Tow/Haul and Exhaust Brake settings
  • Turbo Timer Setup and Enable/Disable via app - Once enable, feature will work on every engine shutoff cycle
  • Max Cruise set speed adjustable via app (Set max cruise speed at 40-97mph)
  • Fog Beams with High Beams Enable/Disable via app
  • Gear Display in Drive on factory display Enable/Disable via app
  • Manual DPF Regen via app
  • Read and clear ECM/TCM diagnostic codes via app
  • Check Emissions Readiness monitors via app

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Edge has a new tuner that just came out that supports our trucks and can do a manual Regen.. There are 2 options one mobile app and one with the monitor. EZX Module and EZZ Insight CTS3 Kit. It shows that it will do a Manual Regen along with other things like turbo timer, tire size correction etc...
My Main Concern is will products like this void the warranty, ???

Here the features it says it can do in full.

Features:
  • 5 Power Levels Adjustable on-the-fly through steering wheel controls
  • Engine High Idle adjustable through steering wheel controls when in Park
  • User adjustable throttle booster settings in each power level via app (Economy, Drive, Sport, Performance, Extreme)
  • Tire Size Speedo Calibration via App (Up to 40" Tire Size)
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors Enable/Disable, Warning On/Off, and Pressure Threshold adjust via app
  • Gear Ratio Calibration via App
  • Engine Coolant Protection Enable/Disable via app (Module adds no power until 120-degree ECT, backs down power at 240-degrees ECT)
  • Button Recall Enable/Disable via app - Remembers Tow/Haul and Exhaust Brake settings
  • Turbo Timer Setup and Enable/Disable via app - Once enable, feature will work on every engine shutoff cycle
  • Max Cruise set speed adjustable via app (Set max cruise speed at 40-97mph)
  • Fog Beams with High Beams Enable/Disable via app
  • Gear Display in Drive on factory display Enable/Disable via app
  • Manual DPF Regen via app
  • Read and clear ECM/TCM diagnostic codes via app
  • Check Emissions Readiness monitors via app
If you remove it before taking it into the dealer - no. Since it does not modify the ECM or ECM parameters - and they can't prove that you modified/tuned your truck. If you roll in there with it on - you can bet they will void your warranty before they even pull it into a bay.

· Registered
2020 2500 Big Horn Cummins 4x4
25 Posts
If you remove it before taking it into the dealer - no. Since it does not modify the ECM or ECM parameters - and they can't prove that you modified/tuned your truck. If you roll in there with it on - you can bet they will void your warranty before they even pull it into a bay.
Wish it was not routed through the firewall, removing that may be a chore every time for warranty work :unsure:

41 - 60 of 60 Posts