Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
A CTS2 or 3 can do a mobile regen and monitor all the vitals of the engine/trans.
The CTS2 will not work on a 2019+ truck
The CTS3 will not do a regen

· Registered
558 Posts
It says it will do a mobile regen.

2019 Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins Insight Update Coverage Release. Insight CS2 (PN 84030), and Insight CTS2 (PN 84130) now supports 2019 Ram 6.7L Cummins diesel trucks.

You were saying?
That's great news. I have tried my CTS2 on my 2020, no worky. I will update it and give it a try.
I've run my CTS3 on both my 2016 and 2020, it has no regen capability. Wonder if Edge has updated it to now support regens.
Will call Edge to verify both issues.

Thanks for the good news

· Registered
558 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Never seen a forced regen option in the Edge menu. This conversation got me to get up and go out to my truck. No luck.
Supposedly now available, under Diagnostics, with the latest update

Reactions: Livermorenick

· Registered
558 Posts
Call Edge.
Ha, ha! I did.

They confirmed the feature is now on the CTS3. Gave me explicit instructions that I followed three or four times. So far they can't make it appear.

They also confirmed that the CTS2 latest update makes it work on 2019+ vehicles. The same scenario, followed their instructions but it still won't work correctly on my 2020.

Any other sage suggestions?

· Registered
558 Posts
Damn, if Edge can’t make their own product work, who can?
Hopefully, they can. I'm calling them again tomorrow to try and get it resolved.

Reactions: jwolfe11

· Registered
558 Posts
Hopefully, they can. I'm calling them again tomorrow to try and get it resolved.
I called Edge again today.
The bottom line is neither the CTS2 nor the CTS3 will do a regen, forced or otherwise on a Cummins 6.7.

So, while post #2 got us all excited and involved, post #2 is wrong regarding Cummins 6.7.

· Registered
558 Posts
Then why does Edge advertise that it can.
Can you post the advertisement or a link to it? I've looked and cannot find any such ad.

· Registered
558 Posts
Manual Regeneration
If you vehicle supports Manual Regeneration, there will be a menu option
in the Diagnostics Menu of the device.
NOTE: Certain operating conditions are required for Manual Regen
to operate. There could be, but not limited to; Engine Coolant Temp,
Engine Oil Temp, Vehicle Speed, etc.
1 Open the Diaganos-
tics Menu by swiping
up from the Gauge
Screen and selecting
Diagnostics.
NOTE: The Diagnostic
menu is also available
in the Main Menu.
2 Select Manual Regen.
3 Follow the on-screen
prompts to enable
Manual Regen
Hmmnn, that's not an advertisement, it's an instruction. And the first line, "If you vehicle supports Manual Regeneration" clearly limits it to certain vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts