Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Forcing a Regen

2380 Views 59 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  2020Rax
Is there a way to force a regen on our trucks ? I've read that i'd need a cummins insite or a tunner to do so - which I wouldn't mind investing in. My problem is that I'll go on a long trip say 200+mi and the ECM will wait until I am near my destination (usually home) and then deciede it wants to go into regen once i get into my neighberhood :(. At the moment my DPF guage is showing around 40%. It already went into a regen prior on its own when I got around this level - but it didn't seem to kick in while I was out on the highway (for about 300 miles yesterday) I've had the truck for about 5 days or so and already racked up well over 1.5k miles (probably nothing by some peoples standards here). I asked about tuning options because I want the ability to be able to force a regen if I KNOW i will be on the road for 100's of miles and the DPF guage is showing close to 50% or so.
Reactions: mattswaggs
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Admin/Mod
I Still Know Nothing
3,763 Posts
With AlfaOBD, you can actually enable the “Manual DPF Regeneration” option in the BCM.

This will allow you to hold the > button on the steering wheel to initiate manual regeneration like the C&C trucks.

· Admin/Mod
I Still Know Nothing
3,763 Posts
Have you got it to work with less than 80% soot load? No one else seems to be able to do it
On my last 2019 I made it work. It didn’t care how full it was.

Never tried on my new one… And let’s put it this way, I can’t now. 😅

1 - 2 of 2 Posts