Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you guys manage to get the flex pipe to bend 90 degrees ? I have the 6 inch grand rocks turbo back kit , It was a pain in the but i got it all on but that flex pipe , It will not bend enough to go from the exhaust to the stacks :banghead:

· Registered
497 Posts
My Grand Rock kit came with a 5" 90 degree elbow. The flex pipe is only there to absorb the bed flex, not to take the place of the elbow.

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn mine didint come with the 90 degree , i thought the flex pipe was suppose to go from the exhaust up to the stacks :S:

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,777 Posts
Flex pipe dont bend. LOL I tried to use a 45 instead of a 90 when I built my stack setup. Ended up using a hammer alot, and it hangs too low under the truck and looks like trash! Like stated above, the flex just offers you a little range of movement for bed flex. It won't CURVE!!!!!! :doh:

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read the instructions it shows there's suppose to be a small 90 degree pipe . They forgot it :banghead: now my trucks down so much for goin to work tomorrow :banghead:

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent a pm to FTE . He'll get me takin care of !!If its gonna be too big of a hassle ill try and find one :headbang:

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wont hurt to run it open...........
Well i know it wont hurt but i didnt put any hangers on it , Not gonne go out and start welding at 930 at night either :lol4:

· Registered
497 Posts
When I put mine on, the pipe between the down pipe and the flex pipe was about 6" short. I ran it carefully to work for two days with it open and no hangers until I could get a piece or 18" long flex for it. I probably drove it for 30-40 miles that way before I got the flex pipe and got it installed.

· Registered
638 Posts
im currently running with no flex pipe and no hangers. havent had any problems. i used band clamps for my pipe joints though, they offer a bit of mobility

· I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wally will fix you up. He's the man :thumbsup:
I got it from FTE so im gonna see if he can hook it up , well hell i did pay for it :hehe: , Then again if its too much hassle i can always find one in town

· Registered
2,665 Posts
Any place that services big rigs should sell them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.