Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ok, I'll admit I'm a tad on the crabby side today which leads me to this post...I get limited time at nite to spend on the computer and when I look on my favorite site and find all of the posts, almost always the same it gets annoying! Which filter, which oil, which shocks, which lift, which steering upgrade, which programmer, which truck is faster, what makes more horsepower, what day is it, what time is it, what forum is this...??????????????? Blah, blah...Use the damn SEARCH feature. Nuf said. :bdh::rant:

·
Registered
245 Posts
tell us how u really feel! haha Feel the same way dude....

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i feel like people should use the search feature!...haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, ok, I'll admit I'm a tad on the crabby side today which leads me to this post...I get limited time at nite to spend on the computer and when I look on my favorite site and find all of the posts, almost always the same it gets annoying! Which filter, which oil, which shocks, which lift, which steering upgrade, which programmer, which truck is faster, what makes more horsepower, what day is it, what time is it, what forum is this...??????????????? Blah, blah...Use the damn SEARCH feature. Nuf said. :bdh::rant:
Nice... I type "steering" in search and I get a rant post very first thing. You know it's a message board and you'll have that. I've actually found multiple threads asking the same thing when searching... and you know not everyone will have the answer you're looking for but then you run across it cause someone asked for the 20th time. Some times multiple questions/answers actually help in the long run.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,295 Posts
for a noob this site has tons of info to go through,
sometimes it may be a little overwhelming to sift
through all the posts and threads.

give em a little slack. like big b said, we were all
new at this one time...

besides, how else are we going to get our post
count up ???

:lol4:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
even with the search feature it still can sometimes be frustrating finding just exactly what you are looking for.

my best advice is to spend 8 hours a day for a couple of years surfing the all treads :headbang: :lol4:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yah, but when you do it you still get 50 threads come up with your keywords.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am still a noob to the performance side. I look at it as a laziness issue. I can spend a hour searching or just ask for help and wait for someone to spoon feed me. Normally I find what I need with some reading using the search. one more thing, I have learned more doing this because you can read more about the subject not just the answer. just my .02

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Great now when I do a search for "stupid" this thread will come up on the top. Just more junk to filter through, thanks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
What you're saying is we should cut off all new posting because every answer to every question is already here. We just have to search for it... Good call. :thumbsup::buttkick:

·
Registered
847 Posts
:S: Everyone take a deep breath maybe and :party7500: sounds like a :cheer: thread :lol4:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
for a noob this site has tons of info to go through,
sometimes it may be a little overwhelming to sift
through all the posts and threads.

give em a little slack. like big b said, we were all
new at this one time...

besides, how else are we going to get our post
count up ???

:lol4:
Hopefully you are here for more than just a high post count!:lol4::thumbsup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I found that when searching for certain types of info its hard to find a straight answer, and most people don't post back on what they found out or if they fixed their problem. But for somthings like fuel filter, or oil ?'s or basics yes a quick search is just the tool for the job. But if no one posted and just searched what would everyone have to do all night with no posts to respond to!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I agree, I think that some things can be searched and questions answered but other things you need peoples advice opinions and expertise... since everyone's truck is different many times the same answers to apply to all

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I like this "Im thinking of twins has any body used the stock hx35 over ---------

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Even better is "what intake" or "what chip".......

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah i agree that it is a little annoying most of the questions are sort of the same, but searching is a pain in the a$$ you never know what your going to end up with, someone can have keywords your searching for and it might be totally different. I am looking for a new lift, when i searched that everyting came up about show your pics, and which is the best, so i started a thread about my situation.

Most people could care less about other peoples threads on similar topics, they want to see what everybody would say about their truck not someone else's, thats why most of the threads are repetitive.:rant::kill:

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
I asked MOD to see if they could work on the Search Engine. QUOTE=bulldogbones;1355041]Hey guys is there any way to refine the search engine on the forum. If someone search's for "shift levers" they need to be able to search three different ways.

Thread Title

Thread Title and Body of Thread

Thread Title, Body of Thread and Body of post's in respone to the thread.

The only reason I bring this up is I and there might be others that have the same problem, but I dont have hours to search through threads that contain one word of my search. How much work would it take to do somthing like this. Also I was on a forum the other day that when you created a thread it automatically subcribed you the thread creator to the thread. This would be really nice because there are times I forget to subscribe and forget about the thread. Just some ideas, keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]
Example: the thread that the quote above was from is titled "Hey Mod throwing out a couple ideas " but if you were only able to remember the first two words " Hey Mod" the search engine wont find the thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts