Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting my dad a smarty for fathers day. i was wanting to see some others opinions on it. he has an 03 dodge 5.9 cummins quad cab dually with a K&N air intake system and an edge chip set at 75 hp. the rest is completely stock. i want to make him happy and give him something that 1. will make his fuel economy go up and 2. will provide him with the ability to chuff when he wants. any opinions?

·
Banned
516 Posts
go with smarty...nothing can beat it!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with a stock engine will he be able to get better fuel economy with the smarty on level 1? he gets 21 mpg now and where we live diesel is $4.89 a gallon so that is an important feature

·
Banned
516 Posts
well i dont drive my truck like a grandpa i run the thing and i still average about 18. when i slowed it down for a tank through it i got 22 hand calculated! In my personal opinion i think you get better with the smarty on 3 or 5!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok i was wondering about the mileage and the smoke. i was thinking about the sr. and by chuff i mean smoke or soot

·
Banned
516 Posts
well the smarty will definately put some smoke out if you want it to. and for milage if you dont run it hard constantly it will get you 1-2 miles better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet im gonna get him one. thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts