Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a recurring regen problem with my truck after installing an H&S DPF delete a few weeks ago. It took a while to figure out, but the problem was my fault on the install. I plugged the air pressure lines that went to the stock exhaust rather than leaving them unplugged like they are supposed to be. This caused the computer to read increased pressure and start a regen cycle. I have since put nearly a 1000 miles on the truck after unplugging the pressure lines with no regens. So, if you are having unexplained regens with a DPF delete, check the pressure lines and make sure they aren't plugged. I put a small double ended pipe fitting between them to keep them closed off from the elements and eliminate any possible difference in pressure between the lines. Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions and help. I really appreciate it.:thumbsup

·
Registered
343 Posts
i put boltd in mine are you saying i need to connect them inline

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm not sure on the regular trucks but on the C/C trucks it doesn't matter as long as they are unplugged. With both lines unplugged the sensor only reads around 0.700 volts going back to the computer. You can plug them any way you want and it won't matter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I connected them

I just removed one line and connected the other in it's place. This keeps the pressure the same on both side of the DPE.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm not sure on the regular trucks but on the C/C trucks it doesn't matter as long as they are unplugged. With both lines unplugged the sensor only reads around 0.700 volts going back to the computer. You can plug them any way you want and it won't matter.
so what did you do with the senser on the other side of the dpf ? doesn't it throw codes ?because I know that Edge pr enybody else dont have a box for us yet.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would definitely not put bolts or plugs of any kind in those pressure lines. That is what I originally did, and I got regen after regen no matter what I did. As soon as I unplugged those lines(like everybody else), I haven't had a regen since over about 1,200 total miles. The fitting I used is just a small, approx 1/4" diameter pipe with male barb ends on each end. I spliced the lines together with this so the pressure between them is always equal. Lousianna Pipefitter had a better idea it sounds like. Just remove the short hose and plug the other end of the long hose onto the originall fitting where the short hose plugged in to the sensor. This has the same effect as my splicing the two lines together, but it is simpler and doesn't hang as low. I will probably change mine to this. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts