Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've been looking through forums all morning, and haven't been able to find what i'm looking for. The switch for my fog lights is not working. I know this because I broke it a while ago, and I'm too cheap to pay 65 bucks for a new switch. I've got a toggle switch that I want to put in. I figure that I can just take the wire off the stock switch, and run it to the toggle, along with power and ground. Problem is, I can't figure out which wire I actually need. Does this make sense? Also, will this actually work? Wiring is not my forte' Oh I should mention the truck is a 2001, and the fog light switch is the kind where you turn on your marker lights, and then pull the switch out to turn on the fogs.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can find those switches a lot cheaper used on ebay. I paid like 25 for mine.

Reactions: backroadsguy

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Yeah, I agree with tlpatter, go ahead and get a stock replacement one. I got mine from RockAuto for about $50 but I know that they're cheaper in other places (wish I would have know that when I bought mine). The toggle switch would work but it will make more of a mess out of the wiring than you should have to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts