Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, while my truck is in pieces in the driveway, a little history, When I bought my truck it didnt have fog lights, I bought the dodge factory fog lights and wired them in, I did it all how the directions said and they worked, but only when the headlights come on,(I wired the little purple wire to the headlight power wire) I know thats right, but I want them to come on when the marker lights come on. So I pulled it apart. Does anyone know which wire would be the constant power in the marker light wires, I am assuming the black, with brown stripe is ground, but there is also a white with yellow stripe, and a white with green stripe. If I had a test light or volt meter I would be done, but I have neither. Help please.
**Or can I just wire the purple wire to the battery so they come on with the switch regardless of headlight marker light being on. I dont really want to do that because I will forget they are on.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had an epiphany, and thought I could just do a trial and error, its the white with yellow stripe. The white with green must be the blinker power.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How much did they cost ive got a busted one and need to replace. That would hav been cool flashing with the blinker lol.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
About the only was is a volt meter, unless someone has the same setup.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were like $200, I think, but that was for the switch and both lights. I got it, a little bit of trial and error, but lucked out and got it on the first try... Thanks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts