Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 had the factory fog lights and I installed a Ute Bullbar from my old truck so it had better fog lights in it. Since the factory set up uses the switch as the ground and the lights are grounded through the housing they come on when plupped in with the switch off. How do I get my aftermarket lights to work with the factory switch??? I don't want my dash looking like a pin coushin with toggle switches.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You could tie them in, with a one of those blue clips, oh be sure that you use a in-line fuse in between you lights and switch and then just find a good earth ground and I think you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In these trucks the switch is the ground. whitch means there is constant power to the circuit, so when you pull the switch it creates the ground. Aftermarket lights are grounded through their housing, so when you flip their switch it supplys power to the lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Drive Lights

Did you figure out how to wire them? I'm trying to do the same thing. The stock switch is the ground so how can you wire them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It can be done!

I figured out how to use the factory fog light switch to control other lights. All you have to do is add another relay switch down at the stock plug for the fog lights. Works like a dream without adding switches to the inside of the cab.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks. I will give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts