Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2010 and I was sitting out here at work last night and turned on my running lights while my truck was idling, the fog lights were on so I turned them off. I sat there for about 45 minutes with it idling and went to turn the fog lights on but they wouldn't come on. The light on my dash came on but nothing outside so I got out and tapped on the driver fog light and it blinked a few times and came on but now the passenger side won't come on, I checked the bulbs and they're all good. I'm stumped

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Check the connections at the lights themselves and up behind the bumper on the drivers side. The big connector is kind of a pain to split, but pull it apart and see if it got corroded. I replaced the 45 watt bulbs with 65's...whoo what a difference! I used the $10 sylvania replacements and the difference was amazing.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ok so I have a 2010 and I was sitting out here at work last night and turned on my running lights while my truck was idling, the fog lights were on so I turned them off. I sat there for about 45 minutes with it idling and went to turn the fog lights on but they wouldn't come on. The light on my dash came on but nothing outside so I got out and tapped on the driver fog light and it blinked a few times and came on but now the passenger side won't come on, I checked the bulbs and they're all good. I'm stumped

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Got the same kinda problem in my 08. Replaced the headlights a month ago, one shut off a week ago, and now the other today. The weird thing is there not blown, but I have no headlights at all now. Turn signals work, fog lights work, but no actual headlights.... Royal pain in the butt!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Im also having problems with my 2012, the lights turn off or flash off and on unless i have it on auto?? Ive had it to the dealership 4 times and still nothing has changed, they checked the connections, replaced the switch, and the sensor on the dash???:banghead:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your TIPM has found a fault in your headlights somewhere and to protect the circuit it disconnects the power. Check all your connectors for corrosion and water. If that is good check to make sure there isn't a short in the harness somewhere. I had both of these problems one was water and the other was a short.

Reactions: turbodiesel5

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Your TIPM has found a fault in your headlights somewhere and to protect the circuit it disconnects the power. Check all your connectors for corrosion and water. If that is good check to make sure there isn't a short in the harness somewhere. I had both of these problems one was water and the other was a short.
Is it possible to bypass it at all. I done a grid heater delete that has set the engine light on. Ime wondering if this has anything to do with it??

·
Registered
232 Posts
OK, I'll admit to stupid here but why would you delete the grid heater if you live in CANADA?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The TIPM has different circuits for everything so the grid heater shouldn't effect it. I would too ask why you would delete a grid heater in Canada? You can bypass TIPM control of the fog lights by putting a replay in switched by your low beams, but if it was me I would look for the source of my problem instead of just covering it up. I know how annoying not having a light you are use to having is.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
OK, I'll admit to stupid here but why would you delete the grid heater if you live in CANADA?
I live in Vancouver, wich the temps rarely go below 0 even in winter. It's the warmest part of the entire country, (it pours rain for 9 months" The truck fires up NO PROBLEM without the grid heater!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is there any benefit to deleting your grid heater?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.