Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck wont start and when i try to bleed the injector lines it spits out foamy fuel out of the lines i've cracked. I had the IP rebuilt and i've checked for air leaks from the tank to the IP. My question is if maybe a few of the injectors are sticking open and allowing the air from the compression to back up into the lines? has anyone herd of this happening?

·
Super Moderator
23,304 Posts
I've never heard of air getting in that way. The best way to see if you have a leak between the lift pump and pickup in the tank is to get a 5 gal. of fuel and a hose and hook it at the lift pump. Bleed your fuel filter and make sure your fuel solenoid is opening by listening for the click and open your inj lines. Crank it over until you see fuel comming out around each inj. tighten nuts and start. If it doesn't sound like it's running right crack a line open 1 at a time with engine running. Be careful that is very high pressure fuel comming out so don't open very much.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Don't forget that the lift pump itself can be a source of air.

Steve g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts