Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The front band is not being used in first gear. The forward clutch is used in first, but he also loses reverse at the same time, which is a different set of friction elements entirely. I believe he is looking for a hydraulic problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The front band is not being used in first gear. The forward clutch is used in first, but he also loses reverse at the same time, which is a different set of friction elements entirely. I believe he is looking for a hydraulic problem.
The Forward clutch is what I meant to say. Sorry for not knowing the terminology correctly. I also didnt catch the loosing reverse at the same time.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I ended up buying a different used trans. I believe it’s a 98+ 47re because it had the thicker trans filter than the one out of my 97 trans. I put my valve body from my 97 in it, the new trans has park, reverse, neautral, and one forward gear... it won’t shift out of what ever drive gear it is in. I’m hoping my valve body is just messed up because the trans was supposed to be good. I’m waiting for another transgo manual valve body kit to come in and then put the kit in the 98 valve body and see if I got screwed on buying a used trans or not.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts