Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the hp est. with a sps62/480 twin setup, flux 5.1s and dual pumps come out to be?

·
Registered
831 Posts
what would be the hp est. with a sps62/480 twin setup, flux 5.1s and dual pumps come out to be?
That sounds like about what i have i maked 850 or so and there is some more in there

·
Registered
562 Posts
850 Would be a hard push. The II charger wastegate is small so, for Optimal flow an external wastegate would be the best bet.

·
Registered
831 Posts
850 Would be a hard push. The II charger wastegate is small so, for Optimal flow an external wastegate would be the best bet.
crap i forgot he does not have the 2 -15/16 wastegates in his top turbo like the ss housings so i am saying you will be out of flow about 775-800

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
explain to me, im challenged when it comes to turbo knowledge

also what temps are ya'll seeing WOT

·
Registered
831 Posts
when you are making that kind of power you have alot of exhaust to get through you top charger your II charger has 2-5/8 " wastegate ports in the exhaust housing. The stainless steel housing has 2-15/16 ports in it so you will not get choked up by you top charger. if you tryed to make 850 with the setup you are wanting your drive pressure is going to be alittle high and that will hurt you

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
If you had more turbo and more duration, that setup would be good to almost 1K on the same injectors and pumps.

One of my setups: Flux 5s, dual stock pumps, Smarty, TST, EZ, 62mm/95mm. It made 989.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you had more turbo and more duration, that setup would be good to almost 1K on the same injectors and pumps.

One of my setups: Flux 5s, dual stock pumps, Smarty, TST, EZ, 62mm/95mm. It made 989.
and how does one get more duration. when do i know when my duration gets too long and the exhust valve is trying to open. and what was the 95mm charger s510 series??

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im looking for something streetable too, not saying those arent because i dont know, but that seems a little too big for my liking.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
and how does one get more duration. when do i know when my duration gets too long and the exhust valve is trying to open. and what was the 95mm charger s510 series??

Well, in his Sig it doesn't show a duration box (like a TST box). That will add some more duration. The only way to test your limits is on the dyno or at the track. That will tell you if you have gone too far or not.

Correct on the 95mm.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

989, i think that would be a fun weekend truck, just go blow the crap out of some kid, or even a guy with training wheels:w:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
anyone know if the internal wastegates are the same size on the 61/12's as they are on the 62/14's??? :confused013:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got off the phone with II. says they have no way to interchange wastegates. he told me i would need to bring it down to run about a max of 20psi then add the external for everything after that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ya i was kinda thinking that would happen. but external gate setups are not that bad and work extreamly well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts