Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, while i was out fourwheelin, i noticed a small rattle, hopped out and inspected the fact that my transmission cooler under the bed (the one from the factory" was just hanging on my fender well. :banghead: i zip tied it up and took it easy on the way back..
the bolts pulled out of the bed rail so i will be making some brackets outta 1/4" steel today, but to get them dang bolts off my question is,

if i take the hose off the rear of the cooler (towards the back of the truck) to lower the cooler down to get the bolts off, how much fluid is going to come out? is my trailer park manager gonna get mad at me for having several courts come splashing out? :confused013:

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
A cooler under the bed is aftermarket and probably not necessary.
The stock tranny cooling system on the 2nd gen trucks is excellent.
My bet is someone installed it because of a tranny problem, not a cooler problem was causing high temps.
I know draining the cooler and hoses from up front loses about 4-5 quarts.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i guess it just looks factory sense the cooler bolts go straight into the bed rail, as if they were tapped. there are also two plugs going to it, is this possibly a heat exchanger? ill look in a little bit, but my guess is that it is inline with the cooler?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts