Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 megacab with the 5.9L. I would like to put an exhaust on it but I don't want it to be too loud when curising on the freeway. We tow a trailer to events and spend a considerable amount of time on the highway so don't want it too loud when crusiing on the freeway.

I had been thinking about one of the Flo-Pro systems. They have a 4" and 5" turbo back and a 4" dual system but the dual system might be a problem with my air bags.

Thoughts????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i have the flo pro with deletes on my 08 and its got some good tone and its pretty quiet also but knowing me its to quiet im gunna st8 pipe it but there is some nice tone to it

·
Registered
807 Posts
From my understanding motoblue makes flo pro I have the 5 inch turbo back moto blue it is loud extremely loud at high way speeds. I have been givin the finger but slot of motorist in traffic jams to. But it is nice and deep tone and no drone at all

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Make sure your exhaust completely exits the bed and this will help quite a bit. I would go 5" as I hate the way my 4" sounds. Heard a lot of good things about hushpower.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ive got the tbe 5" from flo pro it sounds good. kept the muffler on and its still loud but not ridicuosly loud. left the tip off (tips are for ricers) lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have flo-pro on my 03, Im happy with the sound, not loud. I hate any type of drown. I went with the 4". Didnt want mbrp, cause everybody has them, like to be different.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have a 2007 megacab with the 5.9L. I would like to put an exhaust on it but I don't want it to be too loud when curising on the freeway. We tow a trailer to events and spend a considerable amount of time on the highway so don't want it too loud when crusiing on the freeway.

I had been thinking about one of the Flo-Pro systems. They have a 4" and 5" turbo back and a 4" dual system but the dual system might be a problem with my air bags.

Thoughts????
Why would this affect airbags?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,637 Posts
Flo Pro is going to be my next system. Ive had Silverline's 4" and it sounds good but the 409 stainless looks like garbage after a winter. I now have Diamond Eye's 5" aluminized and its holding up purty well but after talking to my buddie Wally im going to be trying the Flo Pro on my next setup. Weather it be on my 06 or what ever else comes along.

·
Cummins Power Addict
943 Posts
Had a flo-pro on my stock 3" just to pass safety, had it on for a while then got sick of it being so quiet. Sounded good, but was noticeably quieter than the straight pipe.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Flo Pro is going to be my next system. Ive had Silverline's 4" and it sounds good but the 409 stainless looks like garbage after a winter. I now have Diamond Eye's 5" aluminized and its holding up purty well but after talking to my buddie Wally im going to be trying the Flo Pro on my next setup. Weather it be on my 06 or what ever else comes along.
What's wrong with your Diamond Eye? Or do you just have more money than sense:confused013:?

Flo Pro was less than optimal on gassers, I fail to believe they have improved.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,651 Posts
Revival!

So what was the problem with the diamond eye?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.