Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna change oil tomorrow and switch to Rotella T6. I don't have a fleetguard stratapore filter here. I do have 2 Fleetguard LF3972 filters. Are they decent filters in terms of filtering microns compared to the stratapore or would a Wix filter(the best one from carquest)be better? My truck doesn't burn oil but you can see a steady haze from blow by tube if you are in the right light. Hope I'm not making a mistake going to the Rotella T6 synthetic. I might use 3 gallons T6 and 1 quart Lucas stabilizer. I think I have all my leaks fixed so I hope I don't find new ones after the change over. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ive been told that if you havent ran sysnthetic in an engine and its old, then you dont need to switch to synthetic....
what they told me was it will somehow cause engine to start leaking oil....

on the filters....wix is all ive ever ran on all my diesels except my semi i run a cat filter or a fleetgaurd

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here are the Cummins "approved" filters:

Model years 1989 to 2001

Part Number Manufacturer
05016547AC Mopar
LF3894 Fleetguard Stratopore
LF3552 Fleetguard Microglass
LF3949 Fleetguard Cellulose
3937695 Cummins Cellulose
FL896 MotorCraft Cellulose
L45335 Purolator Cellulose
PF1070 AC Delco Cellulose

Notes:

The LF3349 Cellulose filter does not appear on this list. It was approved in the past for 12 Valve engines, but it has been superseded by the LF3949, which has a stronger metal case for the 24 Valve engines. You can use your existing LF3349's for 12 valve engines without concern about warranty coverage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts