Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see pics of yours....im planin on buildin one on my 1500 cuz i wrecked it and messed up the fiberglass on the passenger side of the bed:CRY::thud: and its gettin a big brush guard:woot:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cody,
Here's a combination work/hauler bed. I wanted one with the frame covered but still having the one flat deck ...

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like yours Esjayco but that may be a little beyond my fabrication ability.......but i may still try buildin sumthin like that

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what size is that stack? that looks good

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks.

It's a 6" tip on 5" pipe. Saved alot of $$. The 5" pipe comes from the turbo (5" outlet on the turbo) and goes into the flatbed where it goes into 5" chrome pipe, then a 6" polished tip was welded on, the heat shield keeps me from burning any equipment or trash I'm hauling, and effectively hides the 5"-6" transition... You have to look a while to see the different size pipe.

I changed the incandescent lights to LED's that I had a friend smoke, urr, Black out for me.

It's a Naked bed, no tool boxes, and no skirts....

Merrick

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks good Merrick ...

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
Here is the best side pic I have of my bed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice bed Philip, good angles ... lots of boxes ... perfect ... AND IT'S BLACK

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey philip how bout some more pics if you dont mind....like the design of it

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
I'll grab some better pic's tomorrow. I just happened to wash it today. So it looks better than that pic. :LOL

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
Here you go.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks philip

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is one I built, and one I didn’t.
The one I built was a 14-foot flatbed dump, with a 10-ton Scott lift.

The one I bought is an Aluma. I always wanted to build an aluminum flatbed, but for the cost of the Aluma bed I couldn’t buy the material. :w:

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
Nice job on the dump bed. Kinda got carried away on the headache rack didn't you. :lol3:

It does look good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
NO!
I don’t think so! If I didn’t let the wind through, that Ford 6.0 would have blown up.:rof:rof:rof;)

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
that Ford 6.0 would have blown up
Hell I didn't even look to see what you put the bed on. That is a good point. :rof

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
here is another from Proline. Esjay and I got ours done about the same time. I love mine for hauling quads and next winter it will get side extensions for snowmobiles!!

Chris

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i was gonna flatbed it but with the price of gas i think im bout to sell it and get sumthin better on gas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts