Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the 5th Gen section but I’m sure whatever anyone is doing will work. I’m looking for something cleaner to use on my flatbed other than the stock setup. Would like something that would be more flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,431 Posts
Search for boat fill ports. They are usually flush

·
Registered
2007.5 Dodge 2500 MegaCab 4x4 6.7L 68rfe
8 Posts
Filler Necks and buckets come in different angles 21º Buckets

Their website runs a little weird, gotta scroll all the way to the bottom, but they seem to have about any option. Either way you will need to cut/weld to get something that will sit more flush.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,493 Posts
Keep in mind generally diesel fuel ports are larger then gas ones, Marine/commercial/farm and ranch places would be your best bet. You'll need to match up the threads, but that shouldn't be to hard. Keep in mind, going to something more flush will also make it harder to open and use. Not sure what options will really be out there unless you adapt a boat fitting to work

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I built mine recessed into the side. Nothing sticks out.

·
Registered
17,614 Posts
My bed came with plastic "inserts" to make the fillers flush, and those should be available at most any place that sells flatbeds.
But I made brackets for the filler necks under the deck instead, so the caps are practically out of sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts