Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anywhere to find out what each new flash changed and why it was put out? i had my truck in for the first time ever last week and it needed the newest flash. can anyone point me in the direction of an explanation?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mead. Each dealer seems different, some in the know, some not, some don't care. AX is suppose to be the latest flash for the 07. AO and AP for the 08s. AO being for the 6-speed. I had that flash recently done and it seems to be fine. No check engine lights since. They also replace a sensor and cleaned the EGR stuff ... they said it probly didn't need it but was part of the sensor replacement. I don't know of any place to find out more.

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. i see the link to a site with a pdf file that tells you if your current flash is the latest, but im just curious as to what exactly they are changing and why they did not make these changes earlier.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
yeah. i see the link to a site with a pdf file that tells you if your current flash is the latest, but im just curious as to what exactly they are changing and why they did not make these changes earlier.
The software gets up dated because they are still learning how the 6.7 works in the real world.The last update also involved new warning messages for the overhead.

Bob

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I am going to the dealer tommarrow.

I will ask them what each of them is for.

The mechanic started to tell me what each of them is for, but did not get them all.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Each new flash incorporates all the stuff from the flash before. You will only need the LATEST flash.

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know. i am just wondering if they are affecting fuel, timing, etc and exactly how each time. after my reflash my truck feels like it has a little bit less power in the very top end yet im getting 2mpg better calculated

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
I am also getting about 2 MPG better mileage the last 3 tanks since I got the AP flash. I didn't notice any loss in power though.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Dodge does not divulge the code changes,but most times what they are addressing only.Mileage is sometimes affected but not usually mentioned

Bob

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honestly i am probably just thinking too much about it. i have the bed loaded with a thousand lbs of rock today and it pulls just as hard as it does empty. im sure its fine.

until next flash, adios

1 - 10 of 10 Posts