Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
NO! That is a warranty thing.

Some dealers are more willing to reflash than others, but it is totally free. IF the dealer tries to charge you, find another dealer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cost me 105 buck at Landers, and saw NO improvement....I was pissed, so I emailed Dodge and they said the flash is no covered under warranty.

·
Registered
395 Posts
bump.....i wanna know this info also since I will be having the AX flash done when I get home next week.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tell them it was bucking while driving down the road. Or run a few tanks of LSD through it and see if it'll trigger the P2000 code like it did for me ;)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
tell them it has a hard start condition also. I can't believe they want money to fix there updates!!!

Chris

G

·
My dealer told me they were free for 3yrs, 36,000 miles. Still waiting to get the ax. They are around 100 miles from me, and I don't get that way very often.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I had to pay for my last one which was the AX flash and I told them I wanted it... It cost me like 65 bucks, but I would think some guys with good dealers might let some of you reflash for free and for sure if they aren't real busy.

I really should pay for my reflashes, one since I didn't buy my truck at this dealer and they know they are the only place that is good at working on these trucks and they also know I won't be taking my truck anywhere else.

Secondly, I have 114K on mine now and I blew off the warranty at about 85K when I saw there was no fix for this crap but to remove all of this mess and go at things differently since I was working this truck to try and make a living with it.

So, having to pay for stuff like this is flat out wrong, and reguardless of the time and miles on the truck. Dodge knows damn well these early 6.7's have bad issues with getting them programmed right and I personally think they should stick a whole new ECM/PCM and any hardware in these trucks to fix them right. We all know fat chance of that...

I will go on the record saying that if a Cummins dealer could get me a new ECM/PCM and the true blue Cummins mapping for this setup, I would be more than willing to pay for that!!! Long as it didn't limit me to 75mph as all the smaller trucks like ours that have the Cummins in them but with a bigger and better set of tires are limited to 75 with the 19.5" tires are... I still have hope of someday the aftermarket guys have a better software for these trucks.

I am still holding out to soon get the Infinite P&D module and it addressing all this crap and have the 6.7 running way better as it should be. I know Shawn has this all working very well with what he does to the engine with his module... Heck we all know these 6.7's are a great engine, Cummins didn't slip and fall in the chit LOL... Its Dodge wanting to do this in their way and the Gov't making all these emissions mandatory when over looking all the oil producers... Just my nickel's worth:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts