Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You handshaker guys having problems with the long a$$ handle on these shifters? To hell with the $200+ short shifter. I never felt comfortable driving my truck anyway. I had to have the center seat folded down even though I don't like that look just to feel right when driving to rest my arm on it. I decided on the way home today that the shifter travels less the closer it is to the trans. Then I put my hand there and it felt surprisingly comfortable doing that. So what the hell. I just went out and took it apart and cut off about 5" of the handle. Figure if I grow to hate it i can weld her back. I took it for a short drag on the country road and you don't have all that slop from the long handle. Nice short quick shifts. Now it feels like a Dodge Corvette like it should. I too some picks if anyone wants to see. Warning it only worked for me cause I use a aftermarket shifter handle that is almost the same size diameter as the shifter arm itself. The arm is hollow in the middle so "NO THREADED HANDLES ALLOWED." Unless you wanna do some more fabbing. This took me about 30 mins. with taking the pics. From my measurements of travel It went from 5+" to 4-" of travel. Cost nothing compared to $200 for a short throw shifter that gets you 20% less travel. :peelout

1 - 1 of 1 Posts