Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fix for the P0106 code yet? I just did my EGR delete on Saturday and today getting lunch I had the CEL and lightingbolt come on. Checked the codes and it is P0106. Pretty annoying and it also surges a little when at constant speed. Surges every 15 seconds or so. Its weird.

I have read through all the archieved reading that I can handle on the old threads about the EGR and I can not find anything difinative about fixing this issue.

Has there been any development in this issue? Truck runs fine I just want the CEL and bolt symbol to be gone. Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey, now you know what I was talking about with you the other day. You took the flapper valve and everything out like they told us? Did you unplug the electrical to the egr valve. I hooked mine back up since mine was surging and sputtering. I plan on gutting the whole thing to give it another try, but all the Dodge dealers I called had no gaskets in stock for the egr on the intake side.
Garry

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I am trying to remember what others have done. I think some have disconnected the battery cables and let it sit for 15 mins or so. Others have reconnected everything, ran the truck, disconnected it all and been fine after wards.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butterfly valve is out and plates are in place. My edge clears the codes on start but as soon as I get up to speed it throws the codes again. I will play with the harnesses and clean the map sensor as well as unhook the batteries tonight and see what happens.

·
Registered
480 Posts
i have the same problem.. it will only do it when you kill your truck and then start it back real quick.... and it will keep coming on after you start it and then feel like it just falls on its face for a sec about every 10 secs.... what i do is just kill it get out unplucg the map sensor on the intake horn and plug it back in and this solves my problem and it wont do it anymore... unless you kill it and restart it quickly after

·
Registered
733 Posts
IS BADP working on a EGR delete, does anyone know?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
How are you Killing the truck?

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
You guys having problems do you have the egr valve still conected to the wiring harness or is all that completely gone and disconnected? I had the same issue but i forgot to unplug the egr and after i unpluged it no problems MAKE SURE IT IS NOT HOOKED UP for the computer to send its signals i just forgot cause i was going to leave the egr on top of the plates ubtil i remembered ya diconnect the plug that goes into the egr

·
Registered
733 Posts
what do you do with the plug thats not pluged into anything? Can I ziptie it up and leave it?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
yeah just leave it off and zip tie it to wherever i kind of have it where ya cant see it faced down to

·
Registered
733 Posts
Should I scrap off the old gaskets and place new ones on, or does it not matter?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
i scraped the old ones off and used new one i buffed the ends on the egr holes and the bottom where it bolts to the motor i had a air tool buffer thing you can reuse the gasket thats on the motor just replace the egr plates one and get a round one for the crossover pipe. When removing the butterfly plate i put a new one of those gaskets on to and resealed it with that red orange gasket sealer i dont know if you have to do this though i just did also while you have that intake horn off get a air hose with a tip and blow into the heater gris there and get all that soot out but look out it blows tons of soot out looked like a grass fire while blowing it out looked like smoke haha just a idea to clean it up

·
Registered
733 Posts
The blocker plates that I purchased from K2DieselPerformance came with gaskets. I have to see if I have the torx screw set to remove the butterfly flapper. Hell I wanna go out and take it off now, but I guess I should wait until Wed when I get the AX flash.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
yeah best to get the flash first just incase ya never know theses dealers if ya know them good start talking to them about all this stuff thats getting removed from your truck and see what they say allot of dealers are deciding to not worry about the deletes of emissions cause they dont want to deal with it and what not but just to be on safe side do the flash first but becarefull with the torx bolts so they dont brake as you prolly read before

·
Registered
473 Posts
IS BADP working on a EGR delete, does anyone know?
I talked to them today. They are still working on the EGR delete. Souds like it's getting close, but I didn't talk to Shane direct. The guy had no idea when it might be ready. I hope it's soon!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
thats good news Garry. Yea the dealership I use in Phoenix is really cool about Modds. The trucks we use at work are modded pretty good, and I use the same dealer that we get our trucks serviced by and when I explained to the service mgr about the dpf delete and other junk, he was excited and said to bring it by so they can see and hear it.

I just hope I dont break one of those little torx off.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the kit we get from shibby and K2diesel we dont really have a option to leave the EGR on. I would think leaving it plugged in would be better but maybe not. It is for sure unplugged.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope fully they sell just a fooler box for that as well to go with the blocker plates.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My truck did it one day with the DPF and EGR still in place. I disconnected the edge and it stoped. Well now I have the EGR and DPF deleted with a new edge (that's worked great) and today I got the P106 code. Just as described above, it surged about every 15 seconds and I had restarted the truck immediatly after shutting it down. I unplugged the map sensor to make sure it was seated properly, no more problems a hundred miles later. Damn computer controlled friggin trucks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts