Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out the fitch fuel catalyst? I talked to a guy that told me he gained 5-6 mpg's was wondering if anyone here has tried it?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I read up on it for my Duramax a while back and asked lots of questions.

I made the decision that it was "snake oil" and didn't do it.

good luck with your search.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm sure that it would be selling like crazy if it were gaining 5-6mpg. Whos knows i guess i'v never talked to anyone who has used it. I would like to hear from those who have though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah he also told me he could get 30 mpg so I knew he was greasing it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
497 Posts
what is snake oil?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Hey just bring that thing over and delete the EGR and DPF like we talked about. LOL! That will get you the Increase you want.

·
Registered
497 Posts
oh nice. i see.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah I know been talking to Kevin about getting the code free. Haven't made a decision which system to go with. Kinda waiting for some feedback on the code free's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey just bring that thing over and delete the EGR and DPF like we talked about. LOL! That will get you the Increase you want.
Yeah I know been talking to Kevin about getting the code free. Haven't made a decision which system to go with. Kinda waiting for some feedback on the code free's.

·
Registered
674 Posts
diesel power did a test on that thing and said it actualy did work, dont know about 5mpg though...what does it cost?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Their website says $297.95 for the 6.7 and $15 shipping.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
400 for one of these or 800 for the DPF delete?? I am really torn!!

I think for now I will save my money and go with something proven allthough waranty is gone
mostly chiming in to mark this
Chris

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
i have heard that the Fitch Fuel Catalyst is OEM approved to work and i also heard that the government uses it on their military vehicles. now whether thats true or not i dont know?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Price.......

Their website says $297.95 for the 6.7 and $15 shipping.
$328.95 for a 6.7 3500. I guess the price jumped up $30 over night. Must be directly related to the price at the pumps. :lol3:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$328.95 for a 6.7 3500. I guess the price jumped up $30 over night. Must be directly related to the price at the pumps. :lol3:
That is another website, I found that one also. Just cheaper at the one I looked up first. Was hoping to find someone who has ran it besides the one guy I talked too, and he claimed that was what gave him the most mileage of the stuff he had done. Said he has a buddy that owns a diesel shop in canada that does all his stuff.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Give it a try man. Somebody has to test it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A guy from work has one on his '06. Says it improved mileage about 1.5 mpg

·
Banned
706 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts