Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know alot about performance in the diesels. I already have a straight pipe on my truck but what would be the next upgrade i need to do to get some power out of my truck?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Intake. Let it breathe brother. BHAF is the cheapest way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
:agree2:

You've opened up one end of the engine, now open up the other!

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
if you don't have them you need guages, especially a fuel pressure guage. guages first, then you can go from there

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'd go with the ICEBOX!!! You can find that by PM-ing jbarker or Duluth_Diesel on this site. Great setup at a Great Price.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I have the icebox/filter/toob, but I looked at it as an investment. Do a search for BHAF if you're planning on going economy, check out icebox if you want a built system.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why do you need a fuel pressure guage if all you have is intake & exhaust? I didn't think you needed guages unless you are running injectors, & chips???

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
on the 98.5 -02 trucks the injection pump is really needy, run it under 8 psi for long and your looking at a new 1000 dollar injection pump, stock lift pumps are real weak, first thing every 2nd gen truck needs even stock is a fuel pressure guage. Even stock trucks should also have a pyro and trans temp guage if your towing alot, most guys on here will tell you the first upgrade you should do to almost any truck is a good set of guages.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I didn't catch the he has a 2nd Gen. What about the 3rd Gens, you think it needs a FP Guage too?

·
Registered
96 Posts
on the 98.5 -02 trucks the injection pump is really needy, run it under 8 psi for long and your looking at a new 1000 dollar injection pump, stock lift pumps are real weak, first thing every 2nd gen truck needs even stock is a fuel pressure guage. Even stock trucks should also have a pyro and trans temp guage if your towing alot, most guys on here will tell you the first upgrade you should do to almost any truck is a good set of guages.
i second that man i have a 2000 and the guy before me built it ran it an then put a aftermarket fuel pump on an now the injection pump is really weak:thud:

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
I didn't catch the he has a 2nd Gen. What about the 3rd Gens, you think it needs a FP Guage too?
not a big 3rd gen guy here, but i believe alot of guys run rail pressures guages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts