Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i would remove the silencer ring, and get a BHAF fist, and probably do a straight pipe very very shortly there after

so, for easy power, and maybe some more MPG's, would you guys advise a set of injectors first, or a box?

if injectors, what would you advise? DDP 110's or DDP 75's?

this would be a DD truck, with a 5 speed. just somthing to be reliable, good in snow, and have fun with...(a.k.a. rollin coal, and killin ricers)

:thumbsup

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would get some RV275 injectors, cheap, reliable and should help MPG's. Run around $300-$400.

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Personally I would buy a box first. There are WAY more ways that you can adjust your parameters, and some boxes come with monitors and guages. Also, on the fly adjustability is nice. Don't get any of that if you buy a set of injectors first :thumbsup

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
You should really tell us what kind of truck you had though. That would help

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i am making plans for a truck.

i dont have one yet....lol

i am trying to get all my ducks in a row before my big purchase.

it may or may not be 4x4. it WILL be a manual trans. not sure what cab, or bed.

my ideal truck.....a black short box with extended cab, 4x4. i dont know whats better....the nv4500, or 5600. it will always be used for around town driving, and very very rarley see highway. I am a teenage kid, I dont go very far from home.... school, work, friends house. thats about it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would get some RV275 injectors, cheap, reliable and should help MPG's. Run around $300-$400.
can you give me more info on these? whos makes them? what kinda power gains do you get?

also, with a box, i would definetly get a adrenaline module. :woot:

so, would that box be too much for a stock lift pump?

will 75, or 110 injectors drain the lift pump?

·
Registered
78 Posts
invest in a good clutch --that's your first mod---although if you get some small injectors your clutch will hold up for awhile---with a box your clutch may not hold up as long---depends on what box and what settings you run though---

Lenny's injectors are a good call---of course the smaller the better MPG you'll get

the box allows you to turn it off or on also which is an awesome feature, injectors are controlled by your right foot---chris

·
Registered
78 Posts
RV injectors would be the least expensive way to go for sure---almost everyone has them--cheapest is maybe ebay or just visit the sites as often as possible and you'll run into some---

the Quad box will drain more than your lift pump--of course the settings you use is the determining factor--

the lift pump would be the 2nd mod I'd do..

one thing to remember is buy now to where you ultimately want to end up in HP--the quad box is a good start as it will work for quite sometime ---

injectors--I'd go bigger vs smaller--you will end up there--

same with the clutch---South Bend and get the best you can afford---

then you need to think about bigger exhaust and a bigger/better turbo....

I see sled pulling in your future and you want to be prepared---chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts