Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello yall from up in Canada here, Going next week to purchase a truck from the dealer it was repoed becuase buddy couldnt pay the payments its a 06 2500 Q/C 4x4 and for mods this is what it has
8.5 fabtech lift kit
38.5 tires mickey thompson pro comp tires
Bully dog pmt
cold air intake ( not sure brand)
5" exhaust to magnaflow muffler than dual 4" out the back
trans go shift kit
My question is how much hp would you estimate this to have?? I want see what you guys think the dealer tells me around 625hp?? Also it is set in extreme all the time anything to look for when buying this?? truck has 59 000 kms on it! Also if i was to run this in the 1/4 mile what times would i expect?? Thanks alot guys!!:headbang:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2006 5.9 liter didnt they come stock 325??

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it would only have 400 hp with them mods

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know it will burn through first than it shifts in to second and keeps smoking the tires rides very nice sure seems like it has more power than 400hp

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im goin to smoke the tranny?? it has a trans go shift kit bully dog said it would be prefectly fine no offense but ill take there advise over your but thanks for your input!

·
Registered
200 Posts
You apperently have done NO research on the 48re's. Hit the search button. Most people say 50-100hp over stock and the trans will eventually let loose. You can always not listen or research and go thrash on it. But when you are stuck on the side of the road you may think differently. So no offense, but you may want to listen. Dealers are the same people that told me the new ford 6.4's get 15-18 mpg. I drove one around and got 7, hand calculated. Good luck.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what has to be done to the tranny to make it stronger??? is there a easy fix?? thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep it's an easy, but expensive and time consuming fix. If your gonna thrash it with nothing more than programming? Torque converter, Valve body, and some performance clutches "should" do you fine. Call one of the performance trans companies, Goerend, HTS, Suncoast and tell them what you have, and what you want to do. They will be able to guide you in the right direction.

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,126 Posts
You apperently have done NO research on the 48re's. Hit the search button. Most people say 50-100hp over stock and the trans will eventually let loose. You can always not listen or research and go thrash on it. But when you are stuck on the side of the road you may think differently. So no offense, but you may want to listen. Dealers are the same people that told me the new ford 6.4's get 15-18 mpg. I drove one around and got 7, hand calculated. Good luck.

thanks for the help i guess i dont know enough for the newbies

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no problem!! thanks too!! and the new fords i own 5 of them ya they suck big time 6.4 tt some of mine only get 3 to 5 miles per gallon do alot of ideling!! very good power!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Don't belive what that dealer is telling you, 625 is a joke. Your entering a very expensive hobby belive me, this site is BADDDD for my wallet. But I love it. Be carefull with that tranny and it will last much longer, don't do boosted launches etc. That kills them fast.

And listen to CTD03, he speaks the truth. While you might not like to hear it he is not lying to you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so if i put a good toqure converter in it a few other parts it would probably hold together good for me i tow very rarely not very far and not very heavy!! Jut like stepping on it from lights and beating civics lol!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
so if i put a good toqure converter in it a few other parts it would probably hold together good for me i tow very rarely not very far and not very heavy!! Jut like stepping on it from lights and beating civics lol!!
Your exactly right, the problem is building an auto tranny is expensive. Build the trans to handle the power first, then go crazy building HP. If you plan on doing boosted launches with those big tires you will need a fully built tranny, and you cant expect to pay around 6k for it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I laughed so hard when I saw the dealer said it had 625hp. I am still laughin. Seriously? Yeah 360-400 is a good estimate with those tires and stuff. I'm leanin at 360hp.

Transgo kit will delay the inevitable, but added power and big tires, kiss the trans goodbye.

And I wouldn't believe whatever Bullydog said either. People kill these trannys all the time with way smaller tires.

Not to mention how slow it has to feel with a stock converter in that thing. With 35"s on my truck pre transmission is would just hit redline and accelerate. New converter will make a decent difference, but your flexplate will probably blow up after that, then the input or output shaft. Start saving the $$$ for a good trans now and you will be much happier.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I laughed so hard when I saw the dealer said it had 625hp. I am still laughin. Seriously? Yeah 360-400 is a good estimate with those tires and stuff. I'm leanin at 360hp.

Transgo kit will delay the inevitable, but added power and big tires, kiss the trans goodbye.

And I wouldn't believe whatever Bullydog said either. People kill these trannys all the time with way smaller tires.

Not to mention how slow it has to feel with a stock converter in that thing. With 35"s on my truck pre transmission is would just hit redline and accelerate. New converter will make a decent difference, but your flexplate will probably blow up after that, then the input or output shaft. Start saving the $$$ for a good trans now and you will be much happier.
:ditto:

That's why I like my stick, lots of control and no over revving... It just locks up and goes..... Sucks for racing though:hehe:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts