Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 QCSB 4X4 6.7 with 2,500 miles, thinking it's time to do the first oil change. The manual recommends 7,500 miles?? Seems like an awful lot before an oil change, especially the first.

At what mileage did you all do your first 6.7 oil change? Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
500 mi. here. I do it on all new vehicles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I think I'll be doing an oil change this weekend.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did mine at around 3,000...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I was right about 3k

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep, 3000 here too, and actually my extended warranty required it, even before mfr recs. Now, to keep the darn ext warranty, I have to do another change at 7500, then I go to the regular intervals. Interestingly, the extended warranty is good at any ASE certified shop so.....I am thinking...that the mfr warranty may get blown but after the mileage limit is hit, and the extended comes in, I am going to get REALLY friendly with a ASE diesel shop here in town. Just a thought......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All-- Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'm due for an oil change. 2500 - 3000 sounds like it's a reasonable time. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
2500 here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think you can get an oil analysis kit at most of the parts stores. It might be worth it just to relieve your anxiety. The posts I recall where people had their oil analyzed showed everything was in acceptable limits. I have the creeping oil level syndrom myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just over 3000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts