Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

first is going out

595 2
not that is a big deal but first gear well it didnt grind out its like it slipped out at first i had to push it harder in to first and its like the gear slid more and more out till when i put in in first now it like the teeth are just touching and tink off each other just out of reach to grab any word of wisdom will help thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I put mine in 3rd gear before putting it in 1st to stop the clutch and countershaft from spinning...goes right in.
I do the same thing for reverse.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
not that is a big deal but first gear well it didnt grind out its like it slipped out at first i had to push it harder in to first and its like the gear slid more and more out till when i put in in first now it like the teeth are just touching and tink off each other just out of reach to grab any word of wisdom will help thanks
How often do use 1st and at what speed do you attempt to down shift to it.

The only time I use 1st is towing my 5th, and it is still only useable up to about 5 mph, and that is with 3.55's!:shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.