Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Find an LE with tilt wheel...
The bench in mine goes so far back my legs are nearly straight and I'm 6'1".

· Registered
14,163 Posts
would you say, $10k or less ? for a full
turn key finished truck ? including all
electronic issues, etc... ? a/c , heater,
DEFROST !! LOL
what electronic issues would there be? :confused: the AC, heater, defrost don't care what engine is under the hood...

a good used engine will probably cost you $3-5k, $600ish for a Smarty with a stand-alone program, run fuel to it, and you're good to go

· Premium Member
243 Posts
Yeah that baby is sweet too bad it's an auto that kinda kills it for me all in all it is damm nice.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
Find an LE with tilt wheel...
The bench in mine goes so far back my legs are nearly straight and I'm 6'1".
You must have short legs because I'm 5'9" and I feel like the seat could go back another 3+" for me and it would feel most comfortable. But my seat is slammed as far back as she'll go! Maybe I just have a little longer legs than your avg. guy my height. I don't know. I find that the pass. side has a ton of room but I could see a big guy not liking the driver side. I find the wheel is a little close sometimes too.

I find the pass side has so much room it's like sitting on a couch. It's nice. But then again, because I'm not driving I can do w/e with my legs so the distance between the seat and pedal doesn't bother me on that side.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Im 6" tall and i feel like the bench-seat in my truck is just about perfect. I did a 14 hour trip in it a couple of months ago and i was actually comfy.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
as for that article. It made me sad to read this, "The original 12-valve engine that came with the truck was modified, but it was only good for a little more than 300 hp at the rear wheels before the guys got fed up"

:(

I guess he either didn't know or didn't care to get the 450 hp the stock head/cam plate VE can produce. David's truck is at 447 I think and it has a 518 behind it... his truck is a serious piece of machinery but still!

· I bleed Diesel
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i have a long leg and to other legs. lol but i only 5.9 and i had captans chairs and i felt short. then i put a bench then i felt tall. lol but extended cabs let you put any seat you want.

· I bleed Diesel
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if he gets in a wreck or it gets jacked then he will feel real ty when insurance gives him 4k and says thats all its worth.

· Registered
1,848 Posts
oh mother of mary in heaven that thing is
sue weet. how much money do you think
you'd have to throw at my 89 non ic truck
to get a common rail between its legs.. ?

that is my dream truck.
Well...you have a CR, you have a 1st gen.....I think we have another project for this weekend :party018:

· Registered
14,163 Posts
as for that article. It made me sad to read this, "The original 12-valve engine that came with the truck was modified, but it was only good for a little more than 300 hp at the rear wheels before the guys got fed up"

:(

I guess he either didn't know or didn't care to get the 450 hp the stock head/cam plate VE can produce. David's truck is at 447 I think and it has a 518 behind it... his truck is a serious piece of machinery but still!
where does a "plate" come into play w/ a VE? :confused:

I think the point is that you can make 500-550rwhp with a stock CR and a programmer for less money than trying to make the same power with a 1st gen 12v :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.