Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I currently have a 2003 2500 4x4 with a HEMI, but it's had/has so many problems I'm getting rid of it. I'm strongly considering a 2003 ish, CTD. here's what I want from the truck. I had a company car so I won't be driving it daily. I'll put about 7-8k miles a year at most on it. I'll be using it for going to my hunting lease (can be rough off roading), as well as off road mountain trIls while on road trips. Also some day I hope to get a 5 wheel travel trailer. I would really love to get a truck that's going to last me another 10 years or so.

So.... Keeping that in mind... Do you guys think a truck with 189k should even be considered? I onlycsn spend about $13-14k right now. I know there are some issues like ball joints, HVAC doors, etc but what else should I look for? How could I tell if the truck may have had a tuner? I'm looking at a 2003 CTD 4x4 with 189k miles right now. It's got a couple dents but in good shape. Right now a dealership has it to "inspect" it. I'm planning on offering $13 for it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
sounds like your on the right trac. The cummins will last, its the rest of the truck I would be worried about. Check out the ball joints, tie rod ends, check all the fluids, smell the oil make sure it doesnt reak of diesel fuel. On the common rail cummins filtration is key, youll want to research better filtration options on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts