Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I pulled the trigger this morning. I replaced my factory DPF & NOx canisters with old canisters I picked up and gutted. Re-hooked everything back up as original, pressure lines, electrical...Did not unplug the EGR or Cooler...left them as stock as well...Placed the Smarty S67 ME on level one for now. All I can say is WOW....the truck is so much smoother, reaches RPM's faster and for my first 100 mile trip of combo Fwy and two lane road, I picked up almost 4 mpg. I will drive a 150 trip tomorrow and get a better idea of what the results are...then taking it on a 1,000 mile trip with my camper on Thur...

I just wanted mpg as the truck has always ran super. I assumed the smarty ME would handle everything I replaced with the delete software, including the EGR...so far it has worked...

I am excited and now need more education on if I really need to Delete the EGR, as it should be shut down with the smarty....

Reactions: Dieselfan2011

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another update with my deletes....Day two....took another trip for a total of just over 200 miles....I avg 21 mpg going and 19.3 coming back but I was bucking major head winds.
I do have a surging going on when I attempt to accelerate at a rapid rate...That also is the only time I have black smoke coming out the exhaust. I still have the egr hooked up as well as all the connections to the DPF....

Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening????? The truck is running great and I am about to take it on a trip pulling my 26 ft Heartland Northtrail...

I will put the EGR delete on when I return from my trip.

THanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
881 Posts
where did you get the old exhaust from im trying to buy a cheap old one to gut to?

Reactions: double g ranch

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Is there any way to do a completely stealth delete which can pass a smog check?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any way to do a completely stealth delete which can pass a smog check?
[I got the old dpf from a dealer and the NOx canister on ebay]

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you leave the cat but remove the dpf when you go for emission test stuf a wad of steel wool up the pipe and find a way to keep if from blowing out and it should work like a dpf for a short time, long enough to get tested. Then pull it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.