Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, so here's what I got going. I bought a 1976 Dodge Crew cab long box. I'm cutting it down to a short box, putting in a mildly built 1997 drivetrain. I'm going to eliminate the hacked in front leaf springs that the last guy tried to booger in, and replace it with the coil front suspension from the 1997. Problem being the drivetrain and axles I bought were already out so I need some measurements. Can someone give me the distance between the upper spring mount and the axle cup? or from top to bottom of shock? Some kind of reference that I can use when I weld in the upper spring mounts. Ill get some pictures on and get you some more specs on the beast later.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If i were u i would try to avoid using coil springs. Leaf springs just seem to work so much better..lol i hate the frontend under 2nd gen dodges. You obviously can fabricate so throw some leafs under there and do it right unlike the prior guy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fab isn't a problem. This will be my daily driver and my family camper hauler, so I would like the comfort and ride from a coil front. If I was going for full on tough I'd stick with leafs also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah i hear ya man. Best of luck to ya sir, and sorry i didnt answer your question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts