Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting something along the lines of an mp8 or a superchip cortex programmer till the code free is out. What would yall suggest i only got 15000 miles and i think it should be broken in by now.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I was leaning towards the edge/attitude, but now I kinda like the Bullydog PMT because it's upgradable and uses the factory pyros instead of tapping your own.

More pricey though and doesn't currently have the clear codes on startup feature like the edge.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
i agree the edge is a very nice unit and doesn't have to be updated all the time like the superchips. also i've heard good things about the edge working w/ the DPF delete stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I am looking into getting something along the lines of an mp8 or a superchip cortex programmer till the code free is out. What would yall suggest i only got 15000 miles and i think it should be broken in by now.
The Cortex will give you more power than the MP-8 and can read and clear codes. The MP-8 gives most people a little better mileage than Superchips products.

In your sig you say you're waiting for the smarty, aren't we all. You won't be able to use the Cortex or say the PMT with the it so that is something to consider. You will be able to use the MP-8 or the Juice with the smarty though.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I was leaning towards the edge/attitude, but now I kinda like the Bullydog PMT because it's upgradable and uses the factory pyros instead of tapping your own.QUOTE]

If you install a DPF delete kit then your egt probes are connected to a fooler box and will give you incorrect readings with either tuner.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love get the edge juice but its would take away half of the money i have for my delete that i am saving to get. I would love to have the edge but damn that thing is expensive even at cost its almost 700. If anyone is selling one or would like to donate lol that would be cool. I am just trying to have money for when summer comes and i want the code free delete i wont have to wait.

So thats why i am setting on just something cheaper now. I wil eventually get the edge just not until after i get a delete.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I feel your pain with the building the truck on a budget thing! I want a programmer so bad but just bought exhaust and intake:$: Why does everything have to cost so much...:CRY:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i know. I just blew the rear end on my mud truck, first time i have ever seen a 14 bolt pumpkin crack, and have to pay for that now so new dodge is kinda on the back burner. Prices for these things are way inflated. I wish that the modding( ie aftermarket parts.) of these trucks was inverse related to the price of fuel, that would make everything so much cheaper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Edge juice w/attitude module and it works pretty well. The power is good and I gained about 1.9 mpg so far on the #3 setting. The hp gain was almost 100 at the rear wheels and about 230 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey sweetwater fill out your sig so we know what all you have!
:welcome:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have both the edge with attitude on and the MP-8 now. If you want a cheaper module for now, go with the MP-8 especially if you are getting the code free kit. I love the idea that I gained about 2-2.5 MPG with the MP-8 already. I didn't notice a real MPG improvement with the edge, but it's nice having the attitude monitor to display your important stuff and give you a few safegaurds as well. But I would definately save for it later and stack it with the MP-8. I'm loving it so far.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have the Edge juice w/attitude module and it works pretty well. The power is good and I gained about 1.9 mpg so far on the #3 setting. The hp gain was almost 100 at the rear wheels and about 230 ft/lbs.
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Fill your sig out and give us pics! :thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Go with the MP-8. Well worth it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Starting to think the MP-8 should be my next investment from what everyone is saying. I dont mind a check engine light for a bit I want fuel mileage and power!:peelout

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
A check engine light is very, very rare. I've never had one from the MP-8.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Keven I was just talking about the light I will have on with my dpf delete im putting on this weekend. I only will have money for one or the other the MP-8 or the Edge so I will be stuck with the codes, Its fine though.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Keven I was just talking about the light I will have on with my dpf delete im putting on this weekend. I only will have money for one or the other the MP-8 or the Edge so I will be stuck with the codes, Its fine though.
Gotcha:thumbsup Now I see what you meant

1 - 19 of 19 Posts