Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Firestones on my Titan and liked them but Airlift's are on sale at Truckspring.com. There doesn't seem to be any difference between the two so I'm seeing if anyone has first hand experience with either kit. Was also looking at the Timbren's because of the price but am not sure how much the truck will sag with them. I see they have about a inch gap between the stop and axle but how much will they compress before they stop the sagging.

I tow a 08 Weekend Warrior FSWL 3200 bumper pull toy hauler and it sags the rear of the truck a lot. I have a square bar weight distribution system. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What are the Airlifts running?

The regular price for Firestones is $235 at Summit Racing.

I've got the Firestones and they work fine. Its kinda hard to give a glowing report about airbags. They either work or they don't.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i install them both and granted airlift is cheaper but you get what you pay for.. i would go with air lift only bc we have had harly any of them come back and we have had some air lift ones back for bad compressors, poped bags and other simple stuff that keeps them from working right...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i install them both and granted airlift is cheaper but you get what you pay for.. i would go with air lift only bc we have had harly any of them come back and we have had some air lift ones back for bad compressors, poped bags and other simple stuff that keeps them from working right...
Airlift or Firestone's coming back?

Truckspring has Firestone's at $259.95 and Airlift's at $209.95. I'll have to check out Summit since I have a local store.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firestone is cheaper from Summit- Total w/compressor $479.90+ tax
Airlift still cheaper from truckspring- Total w/compressor $448.35 and should be tax free.

So is the $31.55 savings worth Airlift over Firestone? I had Firestone's before and they worked well, I just want to exploe all options before I commit.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
go with FIRESTONE.... you get what you pay for and they are much better hands down

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
As mentioned in a different thread, http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/towing-hauling/63119-suspension-question.html I'll bet your truck isn't sagging as bad as you think. With those 2" leveling spacers, the truck is already nose high. VERY LITTLE weight is needed in the rear to make you think it's sagging. It's an optical illusion that your truck is sagging. But on a side note. Go with the Firestone Ride-Rite bags.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are you sure are adjusting the weight distrinuting correctly? Or is it sized correctly for your setup? These systems usually work quite well. I am surprised you still have sag.

I have the firestones from Summit (manual air sytem) for my 5er. I was amazed at how simplified they have made the system now(installation wise) compared to the system I bought in 19965 for my Chevy. No complaints with my system. It was the cheapest one at the time (last June)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts