Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be putting my bags on the truck on monday...

Quick question for those of you that have installed them yourselves... When I installed the firestone bags on my toyota the kit components were top quality, all except the hardware was cheap china junk and I ended up replacing it all with good ol USA stuff half way thru the install... So does the Dodge kit have the same crappy hardware? (I would look in the box but wont have time for a day or two).. I just want to know if I need to plan on going to the hardware store first.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i replace my hardware with the hardware that came with my airbag spacer...........:thumbsup

Attachments

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,566 Posts
i got the airlift, but the hardware was pretty darn good.
here's where i mounted my air input chucks.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
What would the typical PSI be for say, an 8-12K GN

·
Registered
228 Posts
My firestone bag kit had top notch hardware, Ended up going with 3/8" Parker fittings instead of 1/4". Went all out with Accuair SYSTEM, Full Computer controlled, with pre-set sensor height, and auto leveling, with Viair on-board air, and 3 gal Tank, All auto controlled, or you can switch over to Manuel Mode, 150 psi shutoff.. This can be added to anybag current Bag setup...This kit was a 1 off design, that will be offered soon. I'm doing all the testing for the helper bag system, It also won't auto level unless new weight is added over 45 secs, this way it does level on every bump are road condition. Good luck on install...............Don't mean to Hi Jack Thread.... Thought i'd answer and post here...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
dang nice setup iceman.

the auto inflate feature sounds awesome.
seriously that's sweet. gonna have to look into that...............i lead my lines out the back, right were the 2 bottom holes of my license plate.,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have mine "teed" then run up to the engine where my compressor is for my ex-brake and just put a valve in so all I have to do to pump them up is open the valve. My Truck weighs 12k# loaded with my trailer and I run my bags anywhere from 40psi to 50psi. Thats just enough for the truck to sit level.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have mine "teed" then run up to the engine where my compressor is for my ex-brake and just put a valve in so all I have to do to pump them up is open the valve. My Truck weighs 12k# loaded with my trailer and I run my bags anywhere from 40psi to 50psi. Thats just enough for the truck to sit level.
When you say "t" do you mean "t" together so air from one one bag can go into the other and vice versa, or just "t" into the compressor?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Iceman that is a nice setup I have something very similar on my 69 chev pu. Automatically comes up to ride height on startup with three presets and manual mode with big reds for valves.

Very nice clean setup you have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts