Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to the site and was wondering what you all thought about fire rings? I'm not sure weather to go with a stock head gasket again or go with fire rings. I want to run about 60 pounds of boost in the end. I have a pulse flow 3 piece exhaust manifold and 5" turbo back that I will be putting on as well. thank you

01 24 valve 5-speed with 75 hp injectors, 3.5" boost tube and high rise elbow, 5" airaid intake, BD super b turbo, 4" turbo back with duals and quadzilla with adrenaline

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. anyone know where I could get oring kits? I cant find them at alligator performance or xtreme diesel. and does the head still have to be machined like with the fire rings?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Fire rings. If the machine work is right you won't have any issues. My woman's truck is DD with fire rings. And I know of.multiple others that are. I just put mine back together with fire rings today was the first.day back on the road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks. does anyone know of any reputable machine shops in Wisconsin?

·
Registered
462 Posts
My truck is fire ringed and a daily driver. No issues so far. though my fire rings are done so the fire ring sits tightly inside the existing fire ring on the gasket, rather than replacing it. ( not common as far as I know )

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ok thanks. does anyone know of any reputable machine shops in Wisconsin?
If you know any locals shops you trust that are willing to try it, I think if you take them a ring and these instructions, they may try to do it if they haven't before. Otherwise the only one that comes to mind is Polk Diesel in Madison. But I'm from the north so I don't know your area to give you more options. I would think there is smaller shops around that may be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That's the gasket in have in my truck a victor reinz. Also on the rings if you out in a set of studs. Run the engine till its hot let it cool. Retorque. Then run it till its hot and retorque it hot and your done.just check them very time you torque the. To make sure they don't move

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.