Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanderin if im gonna need to fire ring the head on my truck if going to a bigger turbo and if not how big can i go with out doing it and be safe for a dd with arp studs and what turbos are recomended with what size injectors?? thanks in advance

·
Hootie Hooo!!!
1,139 Posts
I had a PS62 for a while with 90hp injectors on stock bolts with no problems....I am switching over to twins now and I have studs in this go round just to be safe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldnt push more than 45lbs of boost with stock head bolts. As for standard ARP studs I could achieve 73lbs of boost without any problems. If pushing over 60lbs of boost more often than say the daily driver would, I recommend retorqing ARP studs once or twice a year. Even though ARP directions say otherwise, I torque my studs to 140lbs. I also have a marine head gasket.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2,050 Posts
CR truck do not need o rings or fire rings

std arp studs hold a heck of alot and ARP 625s hold just about everything I run ARP 625s and have 0 issues I know of atleast 7 10 second and faster including a 9 second truck that have 625s and thicker head gaskets only no issues with head on the trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts